Saving sound of the track which is a slice of a Sample to the Sound Pool

I’ve recorded a Sample
I now can assign that Sample to my Track
Now I’ve sliced that longer Sample using SRC
I have a shorter sample which I like
Now how (if I can at all) save such a Sound to the Sound Pool to use it on another track for Sound plock?

I’m at that Track
I hit Import/Export and chose Export and export a Sound and named it
But then when I open Sound Pool using Level/Data and try to preview my newly created sound using Func + Y it does not sound as original sliced Sample an that Track
Am I missing something about Sound Pool or doing it wrong? :confused:

BTW, if I assign Sample from the Factory to the Track
then do the same import to sound pool thing
I then CAN preview the sound from the Sound Pool just fine
That weird thing happens only with my recorded samples :confused:

Anyways, I still don’t know if that was a glitch or what (most likely I did something wrong) but after reading manual again few times I’ve managed to incapsulate a nice workflow

place longer sample over few tracks
chop into shorter ones (ie 1=kick , 2=snare etc)
come up with a beat
once I’m ok, save those Sounds to the Pool and/or Export to +Drive (for other projects?)
squash tracks 1,2etc into a track1 using Sound plocks to capture that beat on just one track

Hope that would be useful for the future

PS Or did I mention that Elektron sequencer rulez! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think you can save one single slice to the sound pool, I’d have to try it to confirm though. If you know which slice number it is that you want, you can figure out where it is (roughly) in the overall sample by using the number of slices to gauge position, then put the same sample on another track and use the start and length params to create a cut down version to match that of the slice that you like, just compare them back and forth until you’re happy. That newly created one you can definitely import/export as a sound and add to the sound pool, otherwise I think you’re forced to deal with the slices on the sliced track.

1 Like

Can you Re sample it for a couple of steps?

2 Likes

Was thinking the same. Just resample it

Thanks guys! As I’ve wrote - you don’t have to resample anything actually which would be a bummer

The workflow above just works thanks to elektron , just export that shorter one to the pool for instance and you have nice short version to reuse

2 Likes

Yes, unless you absolutely don’t use other slices.
So does it work as intended finally ?
Thanks for sharing.

@sezare56 it works both ways, you have you original longer Sample safe in +Drive recorder folder , you have you shorter ones in Sound Pool of the Projects ready to be reused but for that to work (yes, it works as intended) you have to have a track to allocate a longer sample in first place to chop from there into the Sound Pool , but well, we have a plenty of banks/patterns for such a scratchpad anyways so thats a none issue

2 Likes