Saving pattern with sound/track not possible?

I’ve used Elektron devices for a long time but never really took use of kits, sounds or patterns because I jam from scratch every time, even in live situations. Lately I’ve been interested in saving some of the sounds for future use. I’ve read the manual, watched youtube and searched the forum but can’t seem to find a way to save a specific sound/track with its pattern. It seems like my only option is to save a whole kit and link that to a pattern, but the downside to that is that I have to change all of the eight sounds/tracks at once when jamming instead of changing one track at the time for better fluidity and transitions. That is not optimal for a live situation. Am I missing something or is this feature lacking? Workarounds?

it’s possible if you save single sounds.

Ok, sounds promising, can you please explain how? I’ve tried saving sounds and the pattern does not get saved with it.

You can save sounds : yes+sound
You can save patterns : yes+pattern
You can save kits : yes+kits.
When you save kit, the pattern (A1, A4…) on which you are will be linked with this specific kit. Until you save another kit on this emplacement.

Sorry : misreading your post. Mine can’t help your quest :confused:

It simply doesn’t work like that. A pattern has multiple tracks, not a single track.

You can load an individual sound in the Sound Browser or the Sound Manager. Or you could load another Kit that has only one sound that is different from the current Kit.

This saves a temporary version of the pattern (or track pattern if using yes + track) for reloading purposes. It does not permanently save a pattern or track pattern in any way, which is what the OP seems to be looking for. There is no way to recall a specific arbitrary track sound + track pattern

you can copy the sequences you like and keep them in the last bank

1 Like