Save P-locked sounds to Pool or +Drive?

Hey there!

Is there a possibility to directly and quickly save a P-locked sound to the Pool or +drive? Quite often I beginn with a sound/track, but stumble upon or end up with a completely different (and interesting) P-locked sound.

I’d love to quickly grab snapshots of those! Is that possible?

Maybe with Overbridge?

Thx, Steffen

2 Likes

I’d love that, feature request for all Elektron devices having a Sound pool!

2 Likes

Would be great indeed…

2 Likes

So… saving P-locked isn’t possible at the moment? Definitely something that Elektron could follow up, except I am missing something… but would be useful in my opinion.

Yes, the answer is “not possible”. Of course Elektron could implement this in a future update, but I wouldn’t count on it (it’s never a good idea to count on any update to solve what isn’t there initially, especially since the AR isn’t a new and unfinished product).

3 Likes

It’s been requested before, would love it too.

If it was added how about hold the trig and then at the same time activate the usual way to save a sound (SOUND + YES). This could then offer a prompt to save that trig as a new sound.
Would be a great feature addition.

1 Like

Sounds great! Pretty easy and obvious. Would love that so much. ELEKTRON, are you listening? What’s the best way to suggest features. Is there a thread for this?

There’s a topic for discussion between users of potential features:

and an email address for actual requests to Elektron:
feature-request@elektron.se

3 Likes

Before an hypothetical update, you can proceed differently (it’s not immediate at all) :
Load a sound (or use actual/default)
Place some trigs
Tweak
Save
Assign to Soundpool
Plock this sound

Load a sound (or use actual/default)
Place some trigs
Tweak
Save
Assign to Soundpool
Plock this sound

Rinse and repeat.

Submitted a feature request to Elektron. Should be pretty straight-forward to integrate. Suggestion: Yes/Save + Mute/Sound WHILE holding down the p-locked step ; )