Save content of RAM machine?

those points ruined it for me. so annoying it put me off sampling. and then having all that space in the plus drive but only allowed 48 samples per project :confused:
the MD sounds amazin but.

I have a question how to record a sample in the memory of the Machinedrum.In fact I do not find my sample on the screen> Physically, and on the manual the procedure to juggle with the samples is established with the userwave samples.
Maybe I’m wrong.

My sample is edited sequenced on the pattern, but I am afraid that by switching off the machinedrum the sample will not be save …
Thank you

Use a RAM-RECORD machine to record your sample. The best way to start is to follow the tutorial given on page A-16 of the MD manual.

In order to keep the sample when the MD is switched off, you need to copy it from RAM to ROM using the MD’s Sample Manager. Follow the instructions on pages 71 and 72 of the manual.

After that, if you want to, you can backup the sample to a computer using the Sample Manager by following the instructions on pages 74 and 75 of the manual.

The previous posts in this topic should give you some tips and additional explanation.

2 Likes

Yes thanks i tryed but not enough!Didn’t understand the process.

I explain, after having selected on M4 a ram play, I go on M3 to stall a ram rec.
I sample, I program the sample on the steps that interest me.

Well, I go into kit, there are three “bank”:

Synth
machine
Relate

In synth I go down to RAM to copy in the MACHINE section the P1 and R1,
and then paste them into ROM with SHIFT COPY and SHIFT PASTE.
But it does not work, Is there a menu to unlock?
And Can you explain to me that RELATE (POS MUTE and POS TRIG) means?

cordially
Nicolas.

Hi Nicolas,

It’s difficult for me to tell from your message exactly which steps you are having problems with. Were you able to record and play a sample successfully using RAM-RECORD and RAM-PLAY machines? If not, my suggestion is that you start with a new pattern and kit and follow exactly the steps given in the tutorial on page A-16 of the MD manual. Let us know if you have problems with any of the steps in that tutorial.

Or, if you able to record and play a sample OK, we can move on to the next step of saving the sample to ROM. You do not need to go into the Kit Edit menu to save a sample; you need to use the GLOBAL > SAMPLE MGR menu described on pages 71 and 72 of the manual.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Machinedrum kits: mute and trig relations

Is it possible to erase the sounds banks (machines) in the machinedrum?
To process for more sampling memory (ram)

I believe that the DSP memory for samples is used for RAM machines and ROM machines only. Other machines like synthesis or MID machines do not affect the DSP memory.

1 Like

Thanks i will check and i will send you a return

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: MD synth categories

Thank yu very much :totes:

1 Like

something like this is possible on the octatrack, where you can allocate memory to the track recorders for more sample time.

there is no equivalent to this on the machinedrum unfortunately.

Thank you, the machinedrum is very rudimentary indeed,but cool.
For example the swing can be generate on each tracks!
This fonction for my digitakt is assign only for the global’
The sampling activity is inexistent for an hour mix (if you loves that)

The sampling activity’s good for a punchline like 10 minutes,(6 loops) for house music at 111BPM.
littl I just make some fun with traks and not mix!!:totes: