Sampling over usb

Hi guys, so the new update has sampling via usb, just wondering how you get this working, ive selected usb in the sampling page on the Rytm mk2. But how do you send audio to it via the usb, im using Ableton (latest version) on a Mac. None of the options I get for where to send the audio(from a track in Ableton) seem to end up getting to the Rytm when usb is selected on the Rytm, its a DAW issue, I don’t think it’s the Rytm, just my inability to set this up.
Im getting a new synth fairly soon and my interface is full so if I can free up some audio ins and outs so I don’t have to unplug something when I want to sample into the Rytm that would be great.
Cheers.

1 Like

Yeah wonder how this works haven’t tried yet, but might be a quick way to get a sample into the Rytm without using transfer

I also don’t understand this. What outputs USB audio?

Basically the Rytm acts like a USB audio interface and PC audio will come through as if it were coming from the physical inputs. You can then select USB L/R as an input and sample the incoming audio.

2 Likes

Yeah I can see how you can select usb in the sampling page on the Rytm, im just not sure how to get audio out of my daw and into the Rytm via usb, no problem when I use audio outs from my interface and have the Rytm listen via the audio ins, I can just select that output from within my daw and it works.

On a Mac, I guess you could click the little volume indicator in the menu bar and select the Rytm. On a PC, I have no clue.

From what I understand you need to use your Rytm as your audio interface to sample over USB.

1 Like

I’ve been confused too - first I wasn’t sure if I needed to the USB mode to be Overbridge or USB – then on the Analog Rytm overbridge app I was able to select my audio interface as the audio input to the RYTM but it was not coming into the sample record…

Got it working, had to make an aggregate device on the Mac (with my audio interface and rytm) and use that as the audio interface in the daw, the rytm adds a bunch of extra outputs so sent audio to each one until audio was being received on the sample page.
Thanks for the help.

4 Likes

I tried out this now as well. In order to be able to select the Rytm as an output from my Mac, I need to reboot the Rytm into Overbridge mode, which is a bit confusing since I’m not using Overbridge. I guess the mode should be renamed to something more sensible.

I’m having similar issues on PC… RYTM isn’t visible in the audio settings at all. Has anyone got it working with Windows?

Hey guys. Need help with usb sampling on RYTM mk2. I can’t make it work. I made it work once, but after a day off when I turned the machine back on, it was disabled again (seems like I don’t receive a sound from my PC to the RYTM). I have changed the setting in Global menu - system - usb config (to Overbridge). I have the latest firmware of the Overbribge and RYTM itself is 1.50A. I tried to change the setting of my soundcard (Focurrite2/2i) and restart system several times + any possible combination. Still no luck. Please help!

What DAW?

Ableton 9 live + Win 10. I already tried change setting in Ableton to RYTM mk2 as a source - didn’t work either.

Hi. How do you do this?

You have to set you DT as your soundcard on your computer. Then when you select USB as the source on you DT it will work

Thank you. It finally works. I still have one issue though. When I set my RYTM as my sound card, the whole system runs much quieter than usual. It works, but the sound is low. Is this normal?

In DT settings there is a DB adjust, look for that

Thanks. Sorry my ignorant question but what is DB stands for? I searched whole menu on my RYTM and can’t find anything that can adjust sound levels. Maybe it only works on Digitone?

decibel… dB