Sampling only White noise?

Hi Elektronauts,

No matter what I do, when i sample something, internally or via USB, i just capture a white noise, cannot even hear my sound behind, just a harsh white noise …
any idea to help me to understand why please ? the AR mk2 is new

Thank You

Hey Fwenk, welcome to Elektronauts and sorry to hear of the Rytm sampling issues.

Can you give us a little more info about what your setup looks like on the Rytm? When you go into the sampling page, what settings do you have selected? Maybe it would help to just focus on one input source, either the audio inputs or USB, so we can figure out what’s going on and how to fix it.

If you can take pictures of the screen or even a video of the problem, that kind of stuff is also super helpful to help show others what’s going on.

Since you’re getting harsh white noise, it sounds like you’re recording silence and the Rytm is normalizing that silence up to audible levels, hence you just hearing a loud noise sound. So maybe check the input source to make sure you’ve got the right one selected, and check the meter to make sure your signal is coming in at the right level. Those are just some basic ideas but if you share some more info about what’s going on, maybe one of us around here can help.

1 Like

…first, make sure, what u wanna sample is actually really ending up/can be heard in/by rytms rec/sample mode/function…
otherwise all u gonna hear is normalized floor noise, which sounds pretty much like white noise…

what’s the source on the resampling menu? maybe it’s set to a specific track or EXT IN that has nothing on it and you just resample the floor noise which gets normalized and becomes loud and harsh?

2 Likes

Ensure your source is connected to Audio In, and not Ext. In.

3 Likes

Set source to an internal source (G encoder) if you wish to resample the Rytm.
Set source to Audio In if you want to sample externally.
DON’T use the EXT in jacks to sample. It creates exactly the problem you are describing.

I personally have a stereo cable with a headphone jack on it connected to the Audio In port so it can float around and be plugged into any of my synths. When I first bought mine, I found it a bit odd that I couldn’t use the Ext In port to sample the synth I had plugged in there.