Sampling from usb

Scrolled through this whole thread to find this lol

Hi guys,

I had trouble sending information from youtube to the Digitakt but I found the little problem that created some headacheā€¦
I am on Mac. DT plugged through USD.

When I tried recording form Youtube I received no signal even with all the necessary set up mentionned above.

The thing is my headphones were connected directly to my laptop, that hijacked somehow the DT to be set up as a soundcard.

Once I plugged my headphones directly to the DT information was flowing through the USD and now I can record what I listen to on Youtube.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hi. Ive been trying to find this out but no luck. Is it possible to record audio into the digitakt directly from a DAW through the USB connection using Overbridge?
I would like to use it as a instant sampler, setting up a send to the Digitakt from any track I want, without using an audio output from my interface, as they are already taken.
Thanks!

Hello,

Sadly, I think itā€™s impossible. I also tried and canā€™t find a satisfying solution. The only way to sample from USB is to set DT as master soundcard in the DAW.

This work but you lost interest of OB plugin.

Also, another big issue with USB sampling is you canā€™t monitor Left or Right channel. To be able to sample from USB, you have to set your DT as soundcard and you will automatically hear any sound in stereo. I think summing L+R is meaningless and much prefer sampling Left OR Right to choose the best side and you canā€™t choose with stereo monitoring.

While they donā€™t fix theses 2 issues, I stick with analog out 3+4 -> DT input L+R and Iā€™m able to send from DAW and monitor each channel separatly.

Hi all,

From time to time I would like to just quickly record a sample into my Digitakt. Without messing with a lot of cables, I wondered whether I can record ableton sound over USB into DIGITAKT. In Digitakt itself I will chop it etc. But I donā€™t want to use transfer etc.

Yes you can monitor and record via USB from Ableton Live

Thanks for response. Somehow my reply didnā€™t get through.

Good to understand that it works, that was my feeling as well.

But how do I set the audio settings in ableton and in Digitakt?
My idea was an audio track but then the audio to needs to go somewhere. And thatā€™s something I donā€™t understand yet.

Perhaps you can fill me in thanks.

Searching for existing topics first is always recommended ā€¦

E.g.

2 Likes

Yes I actually read that post. Hence my question. As you can read in that post ( first post 2017 and last 2000- outdated) monitoring/usb. A conclusion back then seems itā€™s not possible. So Iā€™m curious how the first responder got this going.

You canā€™t do it via the Overbridge plugin. You have to choose the Digitakt as the audio output in Abletonā€™s audio settings. Then choose USB input in the Digitaktā€™s sampler.

It works great!

1 Like

Yes I understand that part. It is easy to do. But I have limited OUTS available. Hence ā€œreuseā€ of USB is beneficial to me. And it saves a lot of wires.