Sampling from usb

Its just for the closed beta for now, so unless you’re testing for that it’ll be a while. It is coming though!

2 Likes

Sampling via USB is possible with the OB driver, let’s just wait the release…

well I still would not call it sampling (technically). we have already the sample in the daw and here we are only transmitting the sample to the digitakt , filling the ram buffer

you can sample over usb, not just transmit samples.

1 Like

I cant figure out how to do this without setting up DT driver as my DAW output, already set up src as USB on the settings. Id like to keep my interface as my output but route audio to DT through USB. Anyone know a way? using Ableton.

@garf @kaith / anyone, can you elaborate on how this is done via overbridge? I think we’re all gone now it’s in public beta :slightly_smiling_face:

Can’t check now as my DT is away for repair.

Set to overbridge mode
Go to direct sample
Set inputs to usb
Job done
Ow and press record as you would if sampling threw the physical inputs
Have been doing this with reaktor as source over weekend works a treat

2 Likes

This is exactly what I was hoping for. I messed around with the beta a little over the weekend, but didn’t notice that inputs could be set to USB. I’ll have another look. Awesome.

Same here was the feature I was waiting for after hearing it may be possible, and it is and it’s awesome

1 Like

can someone tell me how to do this. I ll try to sample through USB but there is no way in Ableton to Send the Audio to the Digitakt.

Hav u added digitakt as audio output device in preferences ?

1 Like

no, there is my babyface connected. thought you could use overbridge side by side with your normal interface?

On Mac yes … meet aggregate devices
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202000

hey everyone…
Im having some trouble recording samples via usb on my DT. Ive disabled Overbridge mode and have it set to Usb MIDI, and the input source on the recorder is set to USB, the Monitor is on and im not getting any signal. Not sure what im doing wrong.
Any help is appreciated.
Thnx!

Make sure one of your audio tracks is the active track (1-8) and that monitoring is on.

Also, I think you need overbridge on.

If a midi track is active (9-16) then monitoring does not work. That always trips me up :smile:

Are you on Windows?

Are you using the DT as a sound card?

Best regards,

Gino

thanks for the response…
I am on a Mac, current OS i believe.
Not sure if im using the DT as a sound card. I am a 40 year old who is fairly computer illiterate.
I have Abelton 10 Lite, received when i purchased my Keystep.
I am trying to pull vocal samples from movie clips off of Youtube for fun…
I have the monitoring ON, and an audio track is the active track, but nothing comes through the monitor…

I can’t say for the Mac, but I’m pretty sure on Windows you need to be sending audio to the DT to sample from USB.

In other words, if you can listen to YouTube from the headphones on your DT, then you can sample what you hear using USB.

Also if you have the right cable, sampling from your phone is quite easy.

4 Likes

That was it… i didn’t have the audio output set to DT.
Thank you @Gino!

I believe that is why “USB” is offered as an option from the dial menu in the RECORDER screen. Don’t be fooled, the A “knob” does nothing. You want G knob, which, when activated, will offer you (as sources from which to sample, not like an appetizer) the following: EXT(ERNAL) L & R, or mono per channel, INT(ERNAL) L&R or mono per channel, OR…and this is where…well-let’s hope they hear us in the cheap seats…USB L&R or MONO per channel I’m pretty sure you figured this out last year or the year before and the previous repliers have eaten their words, UNLESS, they too were unaware, that yeah, DIGITAKT not only transmits audio via USB, but ALSO RECEIVES AUDIO via USB, and it can “sample,” or for the purposes of any end-user-agreement missteps, “‘capture” SHORT(or long)** PARTS of that audio AT WILL.
:exploding_head::fist_right:t2::fist_left:t3::nerd_face::kissing_heart::sparkles::gloves:IF you don’t believe me, take the lawyer’s word for it: “…so sound playing digitally on your computer can be incorporated into the device as if you had bothered to hook up cables to your soundcard and then to the digitakt”

Now, here in the dystopian forum-future, we can only pray…that the discussion didn’t turn “too pedantic” for history’s appraisers.