Samples not added to the pool, when installing an Elektron.se soundpack for Rytm MK2

I just downloaded the Junkyard soundpack from Elektron.se to my Rytm MK2 (Junkyard - Sound Pack for Analog Rytm | Elektron). But the samples are not loaded to the pool, so of course the kits and sounds and patterns don’t sound as they should.

The samples are on the Rytm. I’ve both tried having them in a directory and on the root of the samples folder.

I’ve also tried doing a sysex dump of the file that I got (Junkyard Project.syx) just into the sound pool, and the Rytm seems to be receiving items. But the pool is empty nonetheless afterwards.

Any ideas how to fix this?

So I figured it out or at least got it working. So I’m just leaving this here for future reference.

I did some tests to figure out how the Rytm handles pool management of files of unknown location:

• Copying a sample to the Rytm
  • Adding the sample to the sound pool
  • Deleting the sample from the Rytm
  • Observed that the sample disappeared from the sound pool
  • Re-copying the sample to the Rytm, under another file-name and in another directory
  • Observed that the Rytm was able to correctly relocate the new sample

This tells me that the Rytm engine adds things to the pool based on some sound parameters (file size, length, or something similar). So it doesn’t really matter where you place your samples when you’re importing a project/kits/sounds that use samples. The Rytm should be able to find them automatically, which it does (most likely) by searching by these parameters.

So for some reason when I re-imported the project syx file, Rytm was able to relocate everything in the sound pool! Have no idea why it didn’t do it the first time around. But at least the problem is solved!

Seems to me that it’s a bit of a hit and miss whether Rytm will automatically link the correct sound files to the sound pool slots.

So I tried just loading all the samples to the sound pool in alphabetical order, which has worked out great in all of the sound packs that I’ve tried.

This information is nowhere to be found on the Elektron site IMO so I’m putting it here.