Sampled audio makes no sound (partially solved)

Hello friends.

New OT MKII owner here. I am having some really odd trouble sampling. I’m hoping you all can help. I’ve read through many other threads on this, and understand a couple of things about posting this question here.

1. I will give you as much info as possible, I promise.
  2. I have read manual on this, read posts here, watched videos, even successfully sampled prior to this post.
  3. People seem to get quite heated in here when it comes to questions about the OT. I am NOT that guy. I love all of y’all and will appreciate any help you can give me.
  4. My issue is likely user error, but I can not find that error.

Here’s what’s I’m doing:
I have my Digitakt output routed to inputs AB on the OT. I am trying to sample tracks from my DT to the OT to free up space on the DT as well as to learn the OT with all it’s glorious quirks. I have FLEX machines on tracks 1, 2, and 3 on the OT. I have sampled into record buffers 1 and 2 and saved those samples and placed them on tracks 1 and 2 without issue, but for SOME reason, I can sample to record buffer 3 but CAN NOT hear the resulting audio. I can even see the waveform in the Audio Editor. I can not preview it there with FUNC+Yes. I can not place the sample on track 3 and hear it by pressing the Track Trig key like I can with tracks 1 and 2. I can place a playback trig on the track 3, but can’t hear the sample. I have no clue why. I hear everything else just fine.

Record settings:
INAB = AB
INCD = -
RLEN = MAX
TRIG = ONE2
SRC3 = -
LOOP = ON
FIN = 0.063
FOUT = 0.063
AB = 0
QREC = OFF
QPL = OFF
CD = 0

I took these settings from the manual and videos, and they are exactly the same across all three record buffers I am using. I have checked AMP settings, and they all match. I can not find a single setting that is not the same between these 3 FLEX tracks. Again, everything is working great on tracks 1 and 2. However no matter what, I can not hear the audio of this sample. Not in the Editor or on a track, even though I CAN SEE THE WAVEFORM IN THE EDITOR! I am lost on what I’ve done wrong here.

Please send help!

EDIT: so it seems it must have been an effect or scene. Not sure how this happened as all settings matched from working tracks to this not working track. If I ever figure out what I did wrong, I will update again. Thanks as always to this FAST responding community.

1 Like

Track 3 not muted or cued?

Correct, Track 3 is not muted nor is it cued.

Can you choose an empty scene + clear the FX on your T3?
Is T4 set as default static?

Track level? Maybe something one a scene? Filter closed?

I have chosen empty scenes to make sure, and deselected all FX. No change. Still can’t hear sample. T4 is set as a Flex also, however it is completely unused.

Track level is 127. No scene, no filter.

Amp attack very slow?

Ok, I am at a loss. It’s playing now. I don’t know what happened. At LyingDalai’s request, I turned off all FX and Scenes. It didn’t work. I walk away for ten minutes to come back and try different audio on the track, and i didn’t have to cause now it works!
Man this thing is quirky. So it must have been an effect or a scene.
But what I don’t understand is I made sure that all settings in all ways was the same among all three of the FLEX tracks. So what am I missing here?

Either way, thanks for going through it with me gang. It helps to just talk to people who get it.

2 Likes

There is a lot going on with the OT. Never underestimate it is really a 24 track machine. 3 sets of 8 tracks all available concurrently, all totally modular. Plus 16 scenes, 4 parts and what ever FX, Plocks, slide trigs etc.

Its very easy to get lost. Its unrealistic to grasp all of it in a matter of weeks. Glad you got your problem solved. Enjoy!

1 Like

I knew all of this going in, but it’s really a totally different beast when it’s in your hands. An expensive, scary, prickly beast.

I was learning sampling on the OT yesterday and also came across similar problems.

I cleared the settings on/ LFO / FX1 and FX 2 (press down and press clear) as usually something I had accidentally adjusted was screwing up the sample.

Today I got to grips with setting record trigs for recording (resampling) internal tracks and thru machines. . Sometimes my recording would work and sometimes it wouldnt. Finally realised I was making the dumb mistake of setting them outside of the recording track on the odd occasion lol.

The challenge of this machine is definitely half the fun

Slicing or pickup machines next….