Sample pool issue - resampled samples not appearing in Audio Pool

Hi Everyone,

First of all let me thank you all for being such an incredible resource.
I’ve been a heavy octatrack user for five years now, and this might be the first time I’ve had to actually ask a question on the forum. Normally searching always leads to the answer.

So here is what’s going wrong:

When I resample the main outs, I choose “save and assign sample”. The sample appears in the free static or flex slot I choose for it and loads and plays as it should. But when I go to load it from the sample pool, it doesn’t appear.

My first troubleshooting attempt was to plug the Octa into my computer via usb and look for the sample in the audio pool via my mac’s finder. Sure enough, it was there. Then, I tried popping the CF card out and in again. Rebooting the octa, of course, saving and reloading my project, etc.

Still can’t see my sample in the audio pool from within the octa itself. Have tried this with several samples.

Anyone have any idea what could be going wrong here? I guess I should be afraid for the health of my CF card – but it has plenty of room left (4GB) and hasn’t given me so much as a hint of an issue before.

Welcome.

So in a new project, you can’t find the recorded / saved / assigned sample in AUDIO folder?

Afaik if you could use the saved sample in a Static / Flex stot, and see it on your mac, I think you should be able to see it on OT.
I’d rather think about a folder confusion.

Just in case :
There is an option in Personalize menu that let you choose project folder instead of AUDIO folder…

1 Like

Hi! Thank you.

I agree that my situation makes no rational sense. I’ve tried opening another project and the samples still do not appear in the audio pool, but are visible from the finder when connected via USB

In the personalize menu, “save samples to” is set to “audio pool”.

Here’s another clue. When I re-name the samples and their respective .octa files in the finder, they then will appear in the audio pool – viewable from the octa. My next idea is to start a new set and see if the problem is reproduced. Maybe my set is corrupt?

So – problem is non-existent in a newly created set, so I guess there’s my answer.

1 Like

Did you renamed buggy set, or something else ?
In project files (project.work), you can see samples path SET/AUDIO/Sample.wav

Would be interesting to check that in the buggy project.

Weird names?

@Rusty, an idea?

2 Likes

Initial response is using illegal characters.

What is the name of the Set / Project?

Is there an log file in the root of the CF card? (If so, open in a text editor and paste the contents here.)

1 Like

EXPORT TO SET allows the currently active project to be exported to a different set. All samples located
in the Flex and Static sample slot lists of the active project will be copied to the destination set. Samples
located in the project folder will be copied to the new project folder and samples located in the audio
pool will be copied to the audio pool of the destination set.

Try this first. it may show that the folder has become corrupted.

1 Like