Sample Packs

As someone who has only used super school samplers (ie less than 20 seconds sample time) or DAWs (infinite sample time), I fail to see the advantage of sample chains over individual samples when you can easily audition sample changes and do plocks.

Would someone kindly explain? Is the only benefit sample management?

No sample chains = 127 sample hits per project.
Sample chains = several thousand sample hits per project.

There is enough ram to support thousands of sample hits this way. The main limitation is the 127 sample slots.
Chains are a means of overcoming that limitation.

It may not be a limitation for some, but it is for others.
If you’re heavily using scenes and performance mode to build your tracks, and therefore are only using 2 to 4 patterns within your project to build an entire song, then only having 127 sample hits to use across 32 to 64 songs is very limiting.

When I go on stage, I want access to as many songs I have written on Rytm as possible without having to stop the sequencer to load a new project. Sample chains allow me that freedom.

And yes the ability to quickly change samples and do p-locks is powerful. That power is not lost with sample chains, it is expanded on, exponentially.

No sample chains = 127 sample hits per project.
Sample chains = several thousand sample hits per project.

[/quote]
This is really something I need to focus on and explore a bit more.
And my hat goes off to you Adam, for all the freebies you’ve put up in the download section!

Thanks for the explanation and it makes perfect sense. I need to experiment.

When I go on stage, I want access to as many songs I have written on Rytm as possible without having to stop the sequencer to load a new project. Sample chains allow me that freedom.[/quote]
That’s a good way to look at the machine, it could definitely be a benefit in a live set.
I often like how changing a project can basically give the Rytm a whole new personality. It can essentially sound like any drum machine you want it to be depending on the project/samples loaded.

if you could see the waveform in the Rytm screen…that would be awesome, especially with these chains. wonder if it could be done.

Speaking of sample packs… I’ve got a new one out for the Analog Rytm available, based on the Vermona DRM1 MKIII analog percussion module. Thread can be viewed here:
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/analog-rytm-sound-pack-vermona-drm1-mkiii/12711

Product link:
http://elastic-membrane.com/products/analog-rytm-soundpack-vermona-drm1

Enjoy!

However, swapping “end” for “length” would prohibit reverse samples in the current configuration.[/quote]
not if length can be negative

However, swapping “end” for “length” would prohibit reverse samples in the current configuration.[/quote]
not if length can be negative[/quote]
Brilliant!

Bump.

I was thinking about giving RYTM sample packs a shot now w/ SDS drop for Mac. I’m considering: Total Tabla, SID Redux, and Reamped Drums.

I was wondering if anyone had any beef w/ these packs, or was just maybe a little let down.

Any info appreciated

Hey there I have bought some of the sample packs not those ones you mentioned… My favourites out of the ones I got were the 909 one and the Legowelt one

They were highly valuable to me as a relative new user… Looking at the way they set up the scenes and performance macros was very educational

:+1: Good to hear. Thanks dood