Sample monitoring doesn't work?

Hello hello :slight_smile:

New to the elektron world so maybe I’m doing something stupid, but sample monitoring doesn’t seem to work for me? I hit the sample button, plug in a mic in the left input, set the input to left input, set monitoring on (H). I can see the level meter moving but am not hearing anything. Also when I actually start recording, I’m not hearing anything. Only when I’m done and am previewing the sample with [func]+[yes] do I hear it. Am I missing something?

As audio is working fine otherwise, I have an idea it is not a hardware issue. I just upgraded the software to 1.06 without a problem. I already had this issue with 1.04 out of the box, though.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated!

1 Like

I’ve noticed now that monitoring does work, but the output is very very low volume. Does anybody know if there is a way to set monitoring volume?

Make sure you’re on an audio track and not a midi track first.

sample monitoring comes through the selected audio track.

also, mics have really low output levels for samplers to try to pick up. you should try running it into a mixer first and then out to your DT.

i have this pedal and I use it to boost my mic signal for direct sampling into my microGranny2:

you could try something similar if you don’t have the mixer options.

Yeah, mic does have a low output level. But when recording is done and I play the sample back, audio levels are good. I suppose this is due to the normalizing that is being done automatically?

Thanks for the suggestion though! I do have a little mixer with mic inputs. I also run my digitakt through it so I’ll have to be careful not to create a feedback loop though :slight_smile:

Hola,

I have the same problem. Hoy do you fixed.?

The digitakt has line level inputs so you should not connect a microphone directly.

So to fix this with preamp or mixer and sample the line level output, as said above.