Sample Manager on +Drive?

Hello!

I just got an SPS-1MK2uw+ and I can not figure out how I load in samples etc into the +Drive.

In the file option there is:

Sysex send
Sysex Rec
Sample MGR

+Drive:
Snapshots
Samplebanks

I can send and recive sysex in ordinary sample mgr but how do I get the stuff into my empty +Drive?

In short:

How do I transfer samples from my computer into the +Drive-memory?

Use Elektron’s C6 software on your computer to send samples to the Machinedrum’s memory. Then use the Sample Manager to ensure that the samples are arranged to your satisfaction. The process and the options available are described in the manual for C6 and in the Sample Manager section of the MD’s manual (pages 70 to 74). Read it all before you start the process so that you choose the options that suit your needs.

The +Drive allows you to back-up copies of the MD’s memory. There are 128 Snapshots, each of which can store one copy of the MD’s memory. Each Snapshot points to one of the 128 Sample banks on the +Drive. See page 3 of the manual for more description.

When you save the MD’s memory to a Snapshot the samples in memory are stored in the designated Sample bank. This is described in the Snapshot Manager section of the MD’s manual on pages 77 to 78.

You can select which Sample bank is associated with the current contents of memory using the Sample Bank Manager. See pages 78 to 79 of the manual.

When you later load a Snapshot, the designated Sample bank is also loaded into memory.

Thank you for that! omg I was reading an old manual on internet… there is nothing about that on page 77-78 now I found the right manual. Thank you for clearing this out! :slight_smile:

2 Likes