"Sample Locks Full!" but I can't delete the unused ones

I just started playing with sample locks.

So, using one pattern and one track, I auditioned a bunch of samples, eventually locking just seven of them.

Now my sample locks folder is full (26 sample) including many that I previewed by locking them, but discarded them, locked something else in their place.

So my 26 sample locks consist of 6 track samples, 7 locked samples, and 13 that aren’t in use in any track or lock.

How do I get rid of the unwanted 13 easily ? Do I have to figure them out 1 by 1 and delete them from the RAM folder or something.

Surely I must be missing some easy cleanup ?

EDIT: Seems backing up the project with transfer and importing it to a new slot makes no difference. M:S seems to have permanently recorded those samples in the locks, even though no trig is actually using them.

Even doing that, and combining it with project backup and restore via transfer doesn’t help.

Also, copying the sequence of that track to another pattern doesn’t help … because the entire locks folder, including the samples that are not locked to any trig, are also copied over.

Unless anyone has any ideas, I may have to raise a support ticket.

Ugh … figured it out. Similar to FUNC + press LEVEL/DATA to unload from the RAM, that also works on the sample locks folder (and is not referenced in the manual @eangman).

To get out of my problem, I had to make a list of samples that were in the lock folder, delete from that list the ones that were REALLY used in trigs, then unload those from the sample locks folder and ALSO unload them from the RAM folder.

That seems unnecessarily complicated.

2 Likes