Sample locks disappearing (Solved)

Hi there!

I hope you are doing great. I am new to the Octatrack mkii and I am having an issue. Everytime I create a sample lock it works fine, but when I mute it and I turn the trigger back on, the trig goes back to playing the original sample of the track.

Are you able to mute/unmute sample locks without losing them?

Thank you very much!

1 Like

How are you muting the trig?

1 Like

I just press the blinking trig to mute it and when I unmute it, it comes back to only red and the original sample

There is no trig mute function on the OT, if you press a trig then add locks it will delete the trig if you press it again
however you can hold the trig and press no and it will turn the trig into a green trigless trig
so the sample won’t sound and when you press again it will become active again…
So you can use that as a trig mute and it should keep the locks

7 Likes

Thank you very much for that! Works as I needed it

3 Likes

Yes, important precision, I use it sometimes but even after 6 years with OT, I still find trig states choice/change confusing compared to analogs / digis. :content:

3 Likes

I’m still confused too

Theres green and then theres dim green…func+trig rotates through these. Apparently I just learned trig+no does the same. Ugh.

2 Likes

Even being green, so many species like sample locks are disappearing those days…

2 Likes

I read somewhere that if you hit the trig and yes, it mutes the trig? Then press the trig again, and it comes back. It might just turn the trig into another type of trig.

Just changing trig states to trigless trigs or trigless locks, not muting them if they have plocks, also depends on Amp Setup settings for envelope triggering. Not simple. :smile:

With one shots or Fill trig condition, they can be muted.

1 Like

Yeah, there is no trig mute, so be careful what you use!

LIGHT GREEN
Trigless lock! Changes parameters, does not trigger envelopes, LFOs, or sample!

BRIGHT GREEN
Trigless trig! Changes parameters and triggers some things (amp env, LFO, filter env), but not samples!

The exact effect of trigless locks depend on AMP SETUP and other settings!

Trig + YES does nothing to a regular trig, I tested it just now

Here is a list of the trig shortcuts from Didjeko’s button combinations pdf, is it floating around here somewhere?

3 Likes

Wow. Thank you. Didn’t see that yet. Always learning…and then forgetting…and then remembering, or learning again :upside_down_face:

1 Like

My father told me that the best way to remember something for long is to forget it once, and learn it again. Not a bad thing to forget, once. :content:

3 Likes

I’m not sure your father ever tried to learn to use record buffers on the OT :rofl: , but that was the most times I’ve ever learned something. But, wise man he is, your father.

1 Like

Sure. He also told me once he lost his guitar between the bar and the sunrise.
He found it another day.

1 Like

I think they perfected it on the analog and digi by making the envelopes on/off lockable without needing a seperate trig type and changes to the Lfo with lockable trig types…
so now you only need the yellow plock.

1 Like

Thanks! One of the best tricks on the OT I learned in months… I remember reading about this a year and a half ago (I guess) but I probably wasn’t ready to assimilate it yet… This is going to be added to my muscle memory real fast!

2 Likes

Such an amazing community here. I didn’t expect all of these answers to my quesion. Thank you very much!

2 Likes