Sample Load Error: Out Of Memory

I got some strange bug when loading samples. They somehow went bad during my session, they played perfect before, but than i switched banks to start the next pattern and added some synth samples to the flex machine and the OT said “Error: Out Of Memory” Turning off and on again I restored them from my audio pool backup, but the OT still refused to load them.

Strange thing is i can fix the problem by opening the samples in Sample Editor first. They play correctly when i prelisten them by pressing [FUNC]+[YES] and load normally after that. All “broken” samples were 24bit .wav and there is plenty of diskspace free on the flash card.

Anyone had the same problem?

You’ll get longer answers, but here’s one.

The OT has 80mb of ram for samples. That ram is used by samples loaded into Flex machines. You’re using it up. Unless you need to do editing or slicing, load your sample into a Static machine and all will be well.

2 Likes

yes, thanks for the answer, thought it was something like this.

But i have only 4 Flex machines running, the other four are through machines. And i never experienced any problems like this before, even with 8 flex tracks. Is there any clear Flex RAM function?

It’s less about how many flex tracks and more about the total amount of ram the samples are using. You may notice that when you are selecting a sample, the OT displays the amount of free ram available.

To clear a slot, open the editor for that track and under the file menu you will see “Clear Slot”. <— from my memory, ymmv!

and the problem continues: same samples read “error: unsupported encoding” when i try to load them into static machines. They work fine when i bounce them with ableton and reload them on the card

Problem is i know those samples were doing fine when i did load them for the first time. Then my flex machine RAM was full. Well thats ok, i really had some 64 steps recordings from my thru machines running in the flex machines. But now this lame excuse of unsupported encoding for samples that were accepted earlier freaks me out.

Is there any known bug that corrupts and/or destroys samples?
Is there any known bug that corrupts and/or destroys Flex RAM?

As the pickup machines are buggy as hell on octagon wheels i rely on flex machines and recorder tracks to resample and evolve my four thru machines, so i need to know where i can save precious memory space:

What samples are stored in Flex RAM? All those in the long flex slot list or only those of this list which are assigned to a certain flex machine?

No, there are no corruption issues I am aware of. If you really believe that you have eliminated other possibilities you may want to try another CF card.

I’ve had a tough time understanding your workflow so it is challenging to offer further direction. Multiple flex machine recording/resampling setups are commonplace for me and I never run into memory or sampling issues, even at 24 bit. Care to offer more detail about your specific workflow and exactly where the problems appear?

1 Like

i have a same problem!! help me please! i have a live but its big problem for me :confounded:

Refer post #2 from @Allerian

1 Like

Hi guys

I have only done 5 patterns . I used bank 1 for 4 patterns and 4 parts . Now moved to pattern 5 , part 1 bank 2 . Everytime I try to load a sample says sample loads error .

I understand from forums that this is because I’m using too many samples . My card says I have 40 g more of space . This is supposed to hold 128 samples and 16 patterns at least . How do I sort this out ? Looking for a friend here :slight_smile:

256 patterns per project, 128 Static slots, 128 Flex slots. You should read the manual.

No.

I guess you loaded samples in Flex slots, which use RAM, limited to 85.5MB. You probably reached the limit, loading too big samples.

You should load long samples in Static slots, which are read from the card. (128x2GB files limitation, so more than the max card capacity).