Sample & Kit management is awful

i just got my ar a couple weeks ago and so far i’m really enjoying it but i will say, i was pretty surprised and disappointed when i found out

1. that the kits aren’t saved globally
  2. there’s no swing per track

coming from the OT, AR project/sample/file management is way simpler but definitely significantly worse. it’s a small complaint from an otherwise amazing instrument…i did a lot of research/reading etc. before i bought, but these are 2 things i didn’t think to confirm were there because it seemed like such a no brainer.

i always start my tracks with a solid drum groove and really click with the elektron sequencer, so a big part of buying the ar was to have something with a lot of immediacy- not having kits saved globally definitely takes a little bit away from that immediacy. most of the time i’m making a kit from scratch anyway, but sometimes when i’m not feeling motivated or low energy, i just want to be able to go through my kits (that ive made and know i like) and get a groove down so i can get going on a track

4 Likes

I moved patterns and kits with samples from one project to the other a few weeks back. I think this order of actions was the most effective, if that s an appropriate term here.

1 save all track sounds with samples as sound presets
2 copy the kit from the first project s kit list to the 2nd
3 copy over the pattern
4 load the kit on the pasted pattern

Way too many steps for something so essential but it finally works.

I also had some synth sounds not sounding right after copying, which seemed to be resolved by saving all sounds as presets regardless of samples before doing the copying actions.

3 Likes

Does it matter if the sounds end up in slots different from the slot numbers of the original project?

You store them in the +drive sound library, so it’s global, not specific to projects.

2 Likes

Just got an ARMK2. Read it had “Kits” and was so pleased I didn’t even think to see where or how they were saved :man_facepalming:

It sounds great but it’s going to be a bit of a struggle to work around. Not sure I can be bothered but I’m shattered at the moment, so not the best time to decide if it goes back.

My digitakt is sitting laughing at me from the shelf with a “told you the grass isn’t always greener…” look on its face.

Not sure what you mean here? You don t like kits?

I go the other way. Hate it that my M:C doesn’t have kits like my MD, MM and AR.

1 Like

Love kits. Don’t love kits being Project based. Ok to copy a kit as long as no samples used from what I can work out (not spent long on the Rytm yet)

Look up in this thread for solutions…

^^ This?

2 more up. You can do it!

Solution also given way earlier towards the beginning of this thread.

my new method is just going through my projects and when I find a kit I want to copy over, I do save to new project, clear the pattern and start from there. it’s a bit faster that way for me and gives me an accurate carbon copy of the kit- all parameters, kits, samples etc

of course the downside is waiting for the projects to load so you it doesn’t really feel like youre “browsing” kits but works nonetheless

4 Likes

I just stay within one project. But if you have enough material to fill up an entire project I feel why you’d hate not having global kits.

Hope we get in a update soon.

1 Like