Sample Editing Question

Master Length to 64, you may have it set to 16.

2 Likes

On per track it is set to 64(master). On normal i cant see an option to change it.

In normal do you have 64/64?

1 Like

Yes
Anyone any ideas this is baffling. Nothing in the manual i think to suggest why

Do you have a trig at the first step of each page?

1 Like

No just page 1 trig one,a trig to start all 3 samples at the same time.

Is the length in the playback menu maxed?

1 Like

Ive only got 3 samples from the AE card loaded on a Flex machine
Ive tried the playback menu length and nothing changes. The darn samples are only going one page still

Are they loops or just one-shots?

1 Like

Loops. One shots are yellow yes? It was working fine till i changed to per track. That did something.

I mean the samples. Single drums or an actual sampled loop? If you used one shot samples to create the original 4 bar loop, then reduced it to 16 steps, I think you cleared pages 2, 3, and 4. When you brought it back to 64, it copied page one only. Duplicates

1 Like

I think you were right earlier. It for some reason had a trig on each individual page. Yet i only placed a trig on page 1(honest). When i changed to per track from normal does it do this automatically? I removed the trigs on each page and put it back to page one. Now the sample plays all the way through again. I havent checked scale per track yet though. Thanks for helping.

Edit. Ive just checked and when you set it up per track you have to remove the trigs if you adjust the setting on that trig. The OT places the trigs for you itself lol. (darned thing)

1 Like

Yeah, it will copy each page when you increase the length, putting a new trig at the beginning of each copied page.

3 Likes

Yes. I just found that out. Thanks for sticking with me i was running out of thoughts for a moment. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can change this in the Personalise menu if your donā€™t like it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thankyou for telling me this. Iā€™m not sure if its an advantage or not. I prefer to know whats going on so i may well do this. Cheers !!

Such a good thread and very useful advices :slight_smile: !

2 Likes

To my brain, it is an advantage if you for example create drum grooves with 1 shot samples. If you have a sequence and want to double it to change some small accentsā€¦ it doubles automatically for when when you choose more pages.
If you use long samples or loops, itā€™s not that greatā€¦ I prefer to have it off too

1 Like

A typical OT weirdness. It should be a secondary function, not a global parameter.

Did you ever use a box that does let you select the behaviour per track?
Every box I own let you set that globally or they donā€™t give you the option, even VST behave the same.
Also just donā€™t input note and extend the pattern first if you donā€™t want copy trigs, if a track has already trigs, in record mode Func+Copy, then Func+Clear, extend the pattern, Func+paste. You can actually have the option available and you decide when to use it.
Typical OT complain for no reason.

5 Likes