Rytm video - Fun with Chromatic mode

Nice. I’ve been messing with the Rytm for a few hours and I am mighty impressed with what you’ve got out of it there.

Does Chromatic mode let you pitch samples up and down and then do they sound “good” like in an old school sampler where pad/chord sounds would be pitched up and down and would then take on a certain harmonic character as heard on countless house and techno tunes?

So we could have one chord hit sample in Rytm and get tasty melodies out of it in chromatic mode?

I really wish Elektron enable more than 4 octaves in chromatic mode.

Thanks sovietpop, this is exactly what I wanted to see. I am, for some odd reason, obsessed with using drum machines for melodic creations. I have a Tempest that gets used as a synth almost more than as a drum machine.

Now I have to get one of these. I will add my +1 for scales if Anyone from Elektron is listening.

This sounds fantastic, nice work!

ARGH!!! Knock it off, you guys! I’m trying to tell myself I don’t want or need this and then you go an post something like this. Shoots holes in my argument to myself …

Scales on pads with chromatic mode are an absolute necessity.

Yeah would love that too, do they output midi notes though, when you press them, just like the minikeys of the a4?

Nice work!

Thanks for the video :slight_smile: We just got ours yesterday and already adore this machine. Its easy to use, versatile, and really fun to play with ^^

just noticing your bread tabs and folio clip cable management. hahaha i love it

Chromatic is not working for me in 1.01. Am I missing something? Just got my Rytm an hour ago (Sounds great!!!)

edit: it was the default project that shipped w/ the machine. i created a new project and now it works on every sound.

Congrats.

You are now hooked!

Exorcist radioactivity is the song name.

that is PRETTY PREEEETTTYYY sweeeet dude! … you make a ton of awesome noise with “just” that … wonderful thing … cool setup … how come u have the volume set all the way to maximum `?

again, cudos for the old school track… you are a pioneer (given the release of the AR)

that is PRETTY PREEEETTTYYY sweeeet dude! … you make a ton of awesome noise with “just” that … wonderful thing … cool setup … how come u have the volume set all the way to maximum `?

again, cudos for the old school track… you are a pioneer (given the release of the AR)[/quote]
Thanks :slight_smile: Will try to make more demo when i have my camera.

Yeah would love that too, do they output midi notes though, when you press them, just like the minikeys of the a4?[/quote]
Yes.

Thanks, this new project did the thing for me. I couldn’t figure out what went wrong. Now it is solved, but i don’t undertand it. The manual page 11 sais 'chromatic enable, see page 25. Unfortunately i don’t see the information on page 25. Is there a way to enable or unenable this?

I’m not at the AR at the moment to verify, but I think you enable it in the Sound menu.

Thanks. Your reaction motivated me to look at the manual again. It is in the sound menu but explained on page 27.

hello, just ordered my rytm ! super excited to link it with some other “friends” (tempest for example which is a complementary tool more than a “vs.” tool at the end IMHO ).

Is it really planned to have scales on chromatic mode ? this would be a killer functionality for a sample player, on the Tempest it’s really useful when using the box in standalone when moving…
thank you !

You can also press [FUNCTION] + any of the parameter keys, i.e. [SYNTH], [SAMPLE], [FILTER], [AMP], [LFO] as a shortcut to bring up the active Track’s Sound Settings.