Rytm USB Midi In THRU Midi Out to Analog Four

Hello,
I need to connect my IPAD to the RYTM via USB (and only usb) and send the data thru MIDI OUT to my A4.
Rytm should catch the clock BUT NOT the notes/controller data.

Is it possible ?

ch4 IPAD —> usb —> RYTM … MIDI OUT --> ANALOG FOUR4 MIDI IN

Thank you,

JUMA

No. The DIN MIDI is isolated from the USB MIDI
Even if you sent via DIN to AR you still can’t get Thru content to appear at the Out port

You won’t get any notes input to the A4 with that config, unless you allow the AR to send note out when striking pads etc

1 Like

ok! thank you

If we connect to physical midi in then can we control other synths? If only we could sequence midi with the rytm it would have been the dream machine to take on vacation. Dammit elektron, so close.

Any MIDI message sent to the AR’s DIN MIDI In port can be forwarded from its MIDI Thru port. The AR’s MIDI Out port can also send MIDI CC messages, PC messages, and MIDI clock.

It’s just that the AR’s sequencer doesn’t send MIDI notes.

Which messages do you want to be received by the Analog Four?

Do you just want the Analog Four to synchronize to the AR and iPad? Or do you also want it to receive MIDI note or other messages?

Yeah, if only USB could be pushed to midi out or through and the input had gain… So close to perfection :slight_smile:

What about just the clock?

Possible to clock AR from usb midi and have this clock go out on AR midi out (din)?

Yes, just Global > MIDI Config > Clock/Transport Receive/Send , Output to MIDI

Then go to Port config and disable incoming and outgoing notes/cc if you need.

1 Like

thx

1 Like

So the MIDI out doesn’t transmit midi data from external device, does it ?
I could not managed to do it.
The MIDI Thru does, but doesn’t send clock.
So I had to merge midi out and midi thru to go into the in of A4.

1 Like