Rytm Techno Kick Demo/Test

their is “no over drive” kicks in the demos at some parts. But yea i should have time for that So i just tried that before work(ill record later).

The volume with no overdrive is low so i had to raise the gain . once i raised the gain on the " no overdrive" kicks it was bangin. I am guessing the volume is tuned low so overdrive dosnt blow out the levels. Which is nice to know so ill set the levels to the non overdrive kick and just turn it down levels when i use the overdrive kick.

OK that would be the purpose of “Route to Main”. But i dont understand what “Route to FX” should mean. As is said, you have the send levels per track anyway… Could you clarify the routing system a bit more? :wink:

Yeah, there is a route to main as well as a route to fx.

The latter suggests that the fx can be bypassed…!?

Thanks for the demo, been waiting for something like this.
Could you do something similar for (some of) the other analog voices?

It only applies to the delay and reverb irrespective of the send settings. It doesn’t deal with the distortion or comp as that is on the stereo main out only. If you don’t want your track to go through the distortion and compressor then you must disable it from the main outs.

I hope that’s clearer. :slight_smile:

hey Apcnt I dont think ill have time since ill be making tracks/ live set with it. However if i need a break Ill do it.

I understand completely :smiley:
just very curious what range the other voices have.
Well you did a hell of a long kick only demo, thought you could squeeze in just a short other demo as well :slight_smile:

for sure we will see what i can do :wink: the kick demo was partially for me. I wanted to see if i could replace mfb 503 and jomox mbase in my live set.

OK that would be the purpose of “Route to Main”. But i dont understand what “Route to FX” should mean. As is said, you have the send levels per track anyway… Could you clarify the routing system a bit more? ;)[/quote]

ROUTE TO MAIN = the track goes to the main mixer, including master FX (Distortion & Compressor) and the main outputs. Useful to remove a track from the main outputs when using individual outputs.

ROUTE TO FX = the track goes to the send FX (Delay & Reverb) as per the send level settings on the AMP page, regardless of the ROUTE TO MAIN setting. The track can then go to Delay & Reverb even if not routed to main, and only the wet sound is then present on the main outs.

Note:
All tracks are always routed to their individual outputs.

Note:
The external input stereo pair is always routed to the Compressor, not to the Distortion.

See the architecture pictures for a clearer view of it all:

Thanks for that info.

I haven’t had any time to try that stuff out over the last few days. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the test (!)(!)
I was hoping for something like this.

I also suspect that there it’s not enought low-end, gently processing is needed there, but I think after process could sound very deep and thick. Very cool(!)

cheers!!

I did have some problems on the evening I was playing around with hard kick in getting a curve sweeping down to the pitch I was after. I put it down to not having played with LFO also modulating pitch.

I need to have another play with it…

https://soundcloud.com/kawa/m42/s-JvPN4

Above is a mabse 11 kick demo so you can compare to rytm

https://soundcloud.com/kawa/lancet-kick-only/s-s5I4c

https://soundcloud.com/kawa/lancet-w-synth-hats/s-54ZKe

Above is Vermona Lancet Kick demo

Honestly with the analog peak filter you will be able to push more bass on the rytm if you need it

I’m definitely feeling like I need to somehow get better control of the sweep-down curve on the hard kick. Finding it hard to find a sweet-spot.

Any suggestions on getting a really hard thumpy kick?

I guess I could use an external compressor purely on the kick…?

Yes peoplemuver, I like the sound of the rytm more than any other recent drum machine (Tempest, Aira line, etc) but I think that if you want a really thick, deep, round hard kick, you need to process it yes or yes.

The only machine that seems to have the best sounding kick for me, is the Xbase (even needs cuts in the mids to leave space) But very warm and fat sound, I don’t hear the same in the rytm and I don’t mean a subtle difference, I mean a big difference, but the good on this, is that we can layer a sample so, there we go, enough.

If you want a really fat kick, I don’t think that you can get it without process, for example like this one.

1 Like

Process externally and re-load as a sample. Might have to be the way forward for some of my stuff.

At least that way I still have the filter which I can apply to the sample.

I don’t have my AR yet…the compressor can’t be adjusted per voice?

i.e. on the kick? It seems if it’s a decent compressor you could make the kick shine with the compressor, attack/decay, etc…

No you can’t. It’s a stereo compressor on the stereo output. It does have filters in the sidechain so you can have it respond more or less to low end.

Yea i love the xbase kicks or any jomox kick, and is the most powerful kick. The varation on the rytm is really big I think i need more time to figure out its sweet spots. I think that jomox is VCO which as far as i can tell makes a difference in the base. the vermona is VCO and I believe mfb but perhaps i am wrong…

wow, I didn’t even realize the FX weren’t done on a track/voice basis

that is a pretty big bummer for me…I generally want to set FX, compressor, etc etc…on a per track or voice basis, similar to on the OT

if it was done that way, I could adjust my attack/decay/threshold/gain etc on just my kick to make it pop where I wanted

…and then adjust that differently on a different voice

amazing how many limitations I’m starting to see from threads when I haven’t even gotten one in my hands yet

I still need a drum machine though so…