Rytm revamped pads?

Hi,

Cuckoo in his recent YT short (or video, or Instagram reel, don’r remember sorry) says for sure that at the Elektron NAMM boot he was told (and felt by his hands) that Rytm is now being shipped with slightly newer, improved pads that are more responsive and the same time softer.

Is this true?

If so, how can I make sure I get the revamped model? I assume dealers will have the non-improved ones in stock in the near future.

Asking because was thinking, frankly, to get one. The grey model is on my wishlist for a long time but if the above case is true I might work harder and get the new black for more money.

Thx

If it’s just the pads that have been improved I’m sure an upgrade for current users shouldn’t be hard to offer. At their own cost ofc. Easy to upgrade

I think it’s more like that he got the old one (maybe without that plastic inlay) and therefore thinks it’s better responding or he‘s in perf mode where the sensibility is way higher then on the play page

I got one new a few weeks ago made 2023
week 27 and I definitely like the pads and can’t relate much to the criticism I have read about them. So maybe it it true they where improved.

1 Like

I almost commented about this in another Rytm thread.

I’m on my 3rd or 4th (good lord, I really don’t remember) Rytm. All Mk2.

The current one I have has felt markedly better than all of the rest. Like actually usable for finger drumming. Not perfect but noticeably improved.

Part of me really wanted to open it up to see if there was a film / sticker or some other method of modification but I also just don’t want to mess with a good thing.

I can check my serial later if anyone can let me know now to determine when it was made.

1 Like

Check the back of the device - it should say 2023 Week XX

In general, I’ve heard talk of Elektron offering some sort of film mod, though I’ve never sought to order it.

I heard a rumor newer units had this, but this is stuff I heard like 2-3 years ago so….

E: 2020 w03.

Interesting. Somehow I really lucked out with these. It really just speaks to the variance.

2023 W40 … phew!

1 Like

That was close. :rofl:

2 Likes