Rytm pattern fade in?

As I wrote before, have a look at slides and inspect the compressor fx page, there you could potentially lower the whole signal with one knob. Or it is an lfo on such a parameter… you can try to reload/clear pages one after another to find out where it is happening

2 Likes

So… I’ve spent the past few days playing around and have created multiple new projects and kits, but still have the same problem. I’ve done some more research and found other topics which discuss the attack settings on the the Rytm mkii and wonder if I’m maybe just barking up the wrong tree?

I suppose what I’m expecting is to be able to make a sound/sample and then affect the attack of said sound so that every time it triggers it has a slightly delayed attack. Instead what I’m getting when I adjust attack is a long fade in over a series of trigs, which is ok some of the time but not ok a lot of the time.

Surely this £1300 drum machine has a way of adjusting the attack on a sound/sample in a conventional way that makes sense to most humans?

I have the same thing but not for the whole pattern,

I found that the Amp envelope is responsible for this behavior on a certain instrument

Had something to do with the relationship between the attack and release segments if i remember correctly, when the sustain is set to one the behavior is as expected

If its all channels with volume changes and doesn’t happen if you change kits in the same pattern, then chances are its the FX you are looking at, LFO sett to inverted saw tooth is just one way to create a slow “attack” of any parameter…

And set to one shot could describe the slow ramp up over a number of steps then remaining at full volume.

Edit: just read yout op again and can see its one track…check the LFO on that track and see what its assigned to…

Rytm has a normal amp envelope. Load a fresh project and try the attack setting on a normal trig, and you will see it behaves as expected.

As i wrote before, the effect you are describing can be from various settings…

If it happens on a fresh project with a fresh sound your machine must be broken… :wink:

so please try to provide a more clear and analytical description of what you did with the sound/pattern than just:

Ok, so I’ve just opened a brand new project with a brand new kit. I’m currently triggering all 12 of the pre-loaded sounds and when I adjust the attack on the amp page nothing is happening to the sound whatsoever.

However, when I then record multiple trigs over a 16 step sequence, and have the attack set to 127 (to use an extreme example) the sound gradually fades in until it reaches its full volume.

Just to clarify, this is a new project. There are no LFOs present and I have not p-locked any of the trigs.

That sounds strange. How are the demo patterns of the machine? Are they sounding alright?

If you only place one trig and give it a note length like 4/16 of a bar for example, then nothing happens if you tweak the attack settings of that trig?

What do you mean by triggering? Like hitting the pad or external midi?

Have you connected any midi devices or computer or iPad or something, that could cause midi feedback?

This could be because the attack phase don’t gets finished and the next trig restarts it. And if the last trig is triggered it goes up to full, because it gets not reStarted

I’m on the presets project now, currently just scrolling through different patterns in the A and B banks where there were already patterns, and the same thing is happening.

I’m playing the patterns and muting all but one track at a time, so I can hear individual tracks playing. I’m then adjusting the attack in the amp settings, increasing it increments of 5 all the way from 0 to 127. And literally nothing is happening at all. There are no LFOs, parameter locks etc etc.

The machine has never been hooked up to a laptop. I did briefly have it connected to my A4, but I’ve been into midi config and none of the boxes are checked so it’s not set to send/receive any midi info at the moment.

I really appreciate your help by the way.

Sounds like the amp envelope is not retriggering. Turn down the release?

3 Likes

Yes, maybe amp env release is set to inf (may be the standard setting) Or to another long setting…

1 Like

Just temporarily disconnect the midi cables for testing maybe…

Are you on the right track for editing? There are two modes for choosing tracks with the rytm. One is selecting the track Automatically if you hit a pad, the other requires you to hit function and pad to select the track… just another guess :grinning:

I’ve definitely made that mistake numerous times! But in this case no, I’m definitely on the right track, as the sound changes as I adjust other controls/parameters.

I don’t have anything hooked up to it at the moment; it’s just the machine on it’s own.

I’m in work currently but I’ll have a play around with the release later. I’m pretty sure I’ve already tried this but I may be thinking of hold/sustain rather than release. Do I need to do anything with note length while I’m at it? As in, would I need the note to have finished before the next trigger in order for the envelope to reset/retrigger?

If you set the hold parameter to auto (leftmost position, turn counter clockwise) the note length parameter will determine the length of the hold time, all other values not, I think

I am also at work atm :wink:

The following post is still valid:

Without an AMP envelope reset you need to choose the envelope values really carefully to match your trigs.

1 Like

This!!!

Turns out my decay was too long in the amp settings, after all that jiggery pokery.

Well done friends, I am eternally in your debt.

2 Likes

No worries, glad we found out what it was. maybe it will be useful for someone with the same problem in the future…