Amp attack envelope rettrigger?

Is there a way to get the envelope to retrigger on each note? I want to make a basline but I get clicks when each note cuts of no mather what attack

cheers

Make sure your AMP decay is set high enough. When HOLD is a low value and there’s no decay, the sound will cut off with a click.
Also, adjust the filter’s RELEASE; it might be too quick, causing a click.

Finally, make sure you’re not using a sound that can be cut-off by another (RS+CP, MT+HT, CH+OH, and CY+CB).

2 Likes

ok thx I tried the diffrent settings u said but it still clicks :-/ also tried diffrent filter release settings

Im using the BD sound so no cutting of by anything

I have an inkling that this feature is planned, the last release saw the introduction of Env reset for the filter envelope, hopefully Amp envelope reset will follow, best be patient

1 Like

ok thx, would be really helpfull when makin “synth stuff” with the rytm

It’s there for some drum models in the AR, but perhaps there should be a global “reset” for VCOs, too. So, one for everything: filter, amp, and VCO. In a drum machine, sometimes you want everything to be consistent at the start of the sound. I’m fine with whatever, though. An analog drum machine is meant to have movement and variation of sound.

If you want 100% static sounds, use the sample slot

Salut everybody from Germany,

this is my first topic so I leave some: “Thanks to you all guys for this phenomenal forum! All the discussions and ideas.” Allready as I was ABOUT to buy some Elektron gear, it was a pleasure to read and try to understand what my future RYTM will do and how it will behave. What is possible and what challenges I will be faced.
So now it`s a RYTM MK1. I learned so much about this machine and still think the possibilities are endless.

I`ve installed OS 1.31b and 1.45b and played a bit with the AMP values.
Tried to increase the attack time of a sample to smoothly fade it in. From 0-127 theres no change
in sound at all. As long as i leave the decay obove 90 or so. Move the decay below 90 and
the attack now seems to do what is expected from a high AMP envelope Attack.

So did anybody knows how these values are working together?
In other words, can anybody have a sample played with a long (faded in) attack and decay set to maximum?

Thank you and Cheeaz.

2 Likes

There is no Amp reset at present, but filter Envelope reset was added a year or so back - so as described this is expected behaviour - as the Amp envelope hasn’t been able to drop (too long or infinite decay) it inherits its current value when you have a new sequencer event

2 Likes

Just need to lower the Hold / Decay so the envelope can re-trigger

1 Like