Rytm out of stock EVERYWHERE

Has anyone else noticed that the Analog rytm is out of stock EVERYWHERE IN NORTH AMERICA

I’m sorry for the skepticism but I find that hard to believe. Do you think that they ‘‘call back’’ the machines that aren’t sold yet to keep the market space out for their iminent Digitakt release? Either that or they urge their resellers to label the machines as ‘‘out of stock’’? Although it could make sense from a marketing standpoint, its also a really weird thing to do, so i don’t know what to believe.

Maybe i’m just paranoid because i finally managed to sell my Machine Drum UW MK2 to finance an AR purchase, and now i’m stuck waiting for stock.

anybody got some hints?

The answer is no. Elektron is not going to restrict quantities of any product to bolster sales of another product; the Digitakt… Which preorders are sold out, and the following few batches will probably be as well. Have some faith in the company, jeez. It’s probably sold out because they’re hand assembled in Sweden in reasonable quantities and the RYTM is regularly praised as one of the best drum machines made to date.

Buy one second hand. They are well built machines and you’ll save yourself a lot of money doing so.

2 Likes

Why not buy direct from Elektron?

haha, yeah i figured i was paranoid.

But yeah, nothing second hand has been showing up.

Anyone has an idea how long their re-stocking usually takes?

I would email Elektron direct and see.

Looks like one on Reverb. A few new listings as well.

Also, Sweetwater says a couple weeks. Not sure how confident they are in that but they’re a fairly large dealer. If you’re convinced on buying new they will likely get you one out of the next batch of machines made.

1 Like

I got mine from Elektron in two days, ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Elektron is like Moog in this way. They’re very particular about their production and need to distribute their resources based on predictions of what their customers want. As long as they’re on a roll, one of their instruments will always be almost or completely sold out.

3 Likes

Exactly. It’s easy to forget how comparatively small Elektron are to some of the big boys considering the reputation they have and the amount of press they can drum up via a few simple teasers!

They’ll no doubt have a shed load of orders to power through for DT sales and are at the whim of the masses should sudden peaks in demand for existing stuff happens.

1 Like

RYTM is out of stock from Elektron direct.

Rubadub in Scotland, UK would send you one I’m sure

http://www.rubadub.co.uk/elektron-analog-rytm-drum-machine-sampler

Long & McQuade in Burlington, Ontario has 1 in stock. You could also contact Moog Audio in Toronto - they carry it, but don’t provide stock info on their website.

There are many available on Reverb, both new and used.

I snagged that one. It’s on the way. The nice one on Reverb.

This is how you build demand, notice everytime one of their products is out of stock the market goes into buying frenzy.
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

The AR is also in stock at german retailers. Sorry to ruin you conspiracy theories! :wink:

In stock: http://controlvoltage.net/elektron-analog-rytm/dp/1202

https://www.thomann.de/intl/elektron_analog_rytm.htm?ref=search_prv_6

Greetings fellow Elektronauts :slight_smile:.
I saw that Analog Rytm became available for purchase in the Elektron’s online store for just few days last week, but is gone now. Unfortunately it wasn’t the right timing for me as I am away on a holiday. Any rumours out there when it will be back in stock?
Peace :slight_smile:

Why would you want to buy direct from elektron? Should be plenty of retailers offering one (at a slightly lower price too)

1 Like

I guess it’s something of a Elektron thing since they are not so far away :slight_smile: But thanks for the hint :slight_smile: