RYTM & OTO Boum issue

I’m wondering if Overbridge has anything to do with this in my case - it’s really unstable in Ableton. I’m getting crashes and dropping the connection to the RME Digiface all the time. I had similar problems when I had the DT & DN with OB a few years back. I’ll prob bag it off for now and see how I get on.

Hi. I wish I could tell you I’d found the cause/solution but I can’t. Completely baffled me. I thought it must have been some kind of digital interference, but it seemed to be happening even when overbridge wasn’t running.
On the positive side though, for whatever reason, it just stopped happening. I had a bit of a pause from making music and when I came back to it, things seems to work ok again. No idea what it was, what fixed it and if it may happen again.
Does your issue happen with the RYTM outs straight into the Boum? ie. No audio interface etc. in the signal chain.

1 Like

Hey thxs, yeah so I’ve actually got a Syntakt and thought with it having a similar architecture to the AR (with the analog engines), it felt relevant to your experience with the Boum and the AR. I’ve usually been using the Boum with the Octatrack, through my audio interface - a RME Digiface which is connected to an Ferrofish Pulse AD/DA converter (gives me 16 I/O).

The Ferrofish has a max I/O of +20 dBu and when I run my OT, or Syntakt through the Boum using an external instrument and syncing through USB Midi it’s totally fine, and working as intended. I can push the comp, drive and level, and get some solid distortion but it never feels like it’s pushing things sonically out of the norm.

When I go from the Syntakt through Overbridge in Ableton the issue happens. If I’m running the Syntakt’s Overbridge channel out of Ableton at normal levels with the in-gain into the Boum around 4-5 dots, I get a similar experience to your AR, in that if I increase the level or drive (and not by much!) I start to get loud high pitched, muffled distortion sounds - you can just tell it’s not right for the unit.

I’ll going to try and record the Syntakt into Ableton and see if it happens without using OB. I’ll keep you updated! :slight_smile: