Rytm+ot idmstepbassishhwhatamidoing

RYTM+OT+BusCompressor
https://soundcloud.com/knobgoblin/thelabrynth

I think this is the most milage I’ve gotten out of a single 12 step pattern on RYTM

10 Likes

fantastic work man, really enjoyed it. this is the kind of bass music i like :thup:

sounds like you’ve got a lot going on here, so anything you can say about your process – division of labor between instruments, use of sequencer features, etc. would be enlightening.

1 Like

Most of the track is on the RYTM, the OCTA is used for the atmospheric stuff, the plucked/hammered string sound and the chorusey bass, still have 4 tracks on OT to get into if I need more fx stuff or one shots. The other 808ish bass is from the RYTM. RYTM pattern is only 12 beats long :slight_smile: lots of conditional trigs and playing the fill button.

bump for new version. Somehow I got a few nasty clicks in recording that I didn’t notice before uploading. will clean it up later

edit for new link after fixing clicks

1 Like

Very Nice!

What compressor are you using?

Rupert Neve Designs Master Bus Processor!
Blue Silk circuit on

2 Likes

i wonder how these tracks would sound without compression… nice work, though

1 Like

Honestly, not too terribly different. The compression is heavy, about 4-5 dB in the heaviest spots, but it has a 60% parallel blend. The RYTM compressor is getting pushed a bit, not too hard and blended as well. I think it’s more to do with pushing the line ins on my desk pretty hard, but I love that sound😍

1 Like

I almost had a flashback about halfway through! :scream_cat:
I think that means good job! :atom::sparkles::atom:

1 Like