RYTM Mutes stopped working–frozen

Hope someone can help, driving me crazy!

Mutes are not working and completely frozen. I cannot turn mute pads on or off. Also the MUTE mode LED is always on, regardless of mode chosen. Last night all working fine, ready to record this morning, did not change any settings–turn studio on - nothing!

Yes I’ve checked what MIDI info the RYTM is receiving, made sure all is internal except for MIDI clock. Am only sending MIDI clock from TR-909. No computer, no over-under bridge, no mutes!!

Cannot solo either, cannot hear track sounds…

heeeelp please!

Does the rytm have a diag mode - hold down function when you power it on.
Try to reload the os?

Hmm… I had a random unattended Rytm freeze today myself. Maybe unrelated, maybe something to do with latest OS just loaded or maybe Overbridge glitch. Solved with reboot.

Have done all the first obvious stuff, reboot, turn off, have shower, eat something, get dressed etc… Can tell you this is completely odd.

Nothing to do with overbridge (never used it, not interested) or computer related… no computer involved!

help!

Power supply issue?

1 Like

Don’t think it’s the power supply, all seems to work and light up otherwise. How can I tell if it is the power supply?

Just updated to 1.30D, rebooted and same thing - still no mute mode.

If I load the first ‘preset’ project, everything works as it should. When I reload my current working project, mutes do not work… very strange indeed. Will try a Factory Reset.

Start with a clean project. Your current project might be the issue. Start fresh.

think you are right…for the first time i am wiping an Elektron box clean. It hurts, but I’m not crying, just a little dust in my eye

Love your music work in melbourne over the years btw.

thanks mate. now to work this sound pool thing out… so I can do sound locks. this is sooooo much easier on the A4. damn you rytm

1 Like

I also had the same issue & had to perform a factory reset to get the mute pads working again.

Have had some weird issues sending samples to the Rytm, which I didn’t have previously (maybe Sierra upgrade?), but can’t really think of anything else that may have caused the issue.

Stuff I’m using:

• Analog Rytm OS1.30D
  • macOS Sierra
  • C6 v1.51
  • Overbridge 1.10.1

I’ve experienced a strange behavior on my AK not too long ago. It also entered an abnormal state out of a sudden and the track mutes behavior was affected. It is described here: AK Permanent track mutes issue - Update on how to fix it!

Long story short, I fixed it by saving the current “corrupted” project. Seems like you’ve done a factory reset, however, if it happens again, you might wanna try saving the project first.

thanks for the replies. I didn’t actually do a full reset as yet. tried saving the problem project under a different name etc… still corrupt. New projects, all work fine. Seems to be only that particular project that is the problem. Elektron didn’t really have answer either.

I figured out what had been causing this issue for me - I had a sample pack, which had an mp3 demo in the folder, which I had accidentally sent sent to the Rytm.

After I’d performed a factory reset, I tried to upload the same set of samples again and the Rytm pads started wigging out when the mp3 was transferring. Lo and behold, the mutes stopped working again.

The factory reset didn’t remove any of my previously uploaded samples or projects, thankfully :thup:

1 Like

I accidentally sent an Adobe PDF to my RYTM and this happened as well.

It only affected the current snapshot, so I never bothered to investigate.

You can re-enable the mutes using external Midi CC from memory. But there is no hope for recovering mute/solo functionality.

1 Like

I accidentally sent MIDI clock from my TR-909 to the RYTM :grin:

Justin, you working on any Rytm sound packs?

1 Like

What sounds do you need, HSmack?

I need everything! Although I’m kinda half joking…Am trying to find my approach to the RYTM at the moment.

Please PM me