Rytm MkII & Transfer app: no wav files?

Hi everyone,

I purchased a Rytm MkII and am trying to get my own samples on it using the Transfer (Windows 10) app. The manual of Transfer clearly states that .wav files are supported. There is even a picture of the drop page that says “drop files here (.wav. .aif .zip .syx)”.

However, when I open the app and connect to the Rytm, the drop page says “Drop files here (.arsnd, .arpj, .syx)”. In other words, there seems to be no .wav support.

Does anyone know how to get .wav files on the Rytm? Can it be done with Transfer?

Tips are appreciated - thanks in advance…

An update to the Rytm operating system was released along with the new Transfer 1.4. Did you install that too? It supports the sample transfer facility.

2 Likes

Hey - good tip!

I am on OS version 1.61 with the Rytm, not yet on 1.61B. Will try that first, thanks.

1 Like

Update for future reference: That did the trick. So specific OS versions of the Rytm work with specific Transfer versions - which makes sense. Transferring wav files works fast and smoothly.

Thanks, Octagonst.

6 Likes

Happy to help. Glad that worked.

There’s a thread for general issues and discussion about Transfer 1.4, here:

2 Likes

I have this problem. Can’t drag a wav file into transfer even. Updated RYTM to 1.61B, but it still just says 1.61 when I boot it up, despite claiming to be updating.

Catalina, Transfer 1.4, RYTM 1.61(B?) Any clues?

In fact, it just says 1.61. And it came factory installed with 1.61

Man, this machine has been nothing but trouble, when it works, great. But anything but a drum synth ? It has been bobbins

The WAVs don’t work because you’re not on 1.61B. Try to figure out the updating bit first. I can help you out from here with my own machine, although I can’t go back an OS. Have you tried updating on an older version of transfer first - I’m pretty sure that’s what I did. Iirc, I connected my Rytm to transfer, dragged and dropped the new OS into the main drop window and hit Yes on Rytm when prompted to accept the new firmware.

2 Likes

I mean, I did the upgrade, hit yes, watched it (claim) to flash the OS partition. Watched it reboot. No change in version number.

I could try using the older 1.1 version of transfer i just downloaded to flash the OS, though that does make me nervous as it is an unsupported version, so if I EFF up my machine, it will be on me.

Ok, So thanks (so much!) to @craig, I have this working now. EVEN backing up projects that previously stalled/hung.

For some reason, I needed to use an older version of Transfer to upgrade the OS on my AR from 1.61 -> 1.61B. Now that the OS is updated (I had thought it was already updated, becasue I’d tried, and somehow failed silently before).

Great community, for going so far to help a fellow out, very grateful, thanks!

2 Likes