Rytm MKII - Is yours emitting ringing noise on hits?

„Analog“ at least :cowboy_hat_face:

I really don’t see what the problem is – Elektron’s clacky buttons are waaaay noisier than the slight ringing of the case. But if you’re on monitors or headphones, what’s the issue?

1 Like

Fill it with sand.

4 Likes

I feel the intensity of the ringing differs per Rytm unit, so for some it might be louder than for others

I want to hear this resonance. Is there anybody that could record it externally. Not saying the problem doesnt exist but to what extent it can be heard.

Mine rings. I ignore it.

I’m going to use this as an opportunity ask how musicians tend to deal with this issue more generally?

Any instrument I’ve recorded with an acoustic element always sounds quite different due to what you’re hearing ‘off-pickup’, headphones or not - also having recently bought a Nord Drum I notice it can be an issue where auditioning sounds is easier when triggering externally because otherwise most of what you hear is the stick hitting the pad.

Is it just a case of cranking the signal in your cans or is that the point in which you need proper sound isolating stuff like the pros use on stage?

or poly beads

Honestly that might be a real solution, I mean mine would work too but definitely would mess up the buttons and get into the jacks. I wonder though if heat would be an issue.

It’s silly to me that there’s an entire thread about this though.

…I’ve got this Fender guitar that makes a buzzing sound and it cost $2k, who should I take this up with?

1 Like