Rytm MKII - Is yours emitting ringing noise on hits?

Hi Romi, did you get an answer?

Hi Multiple Choice, no - not yet!

Christian from the elektron-support answered: ā€œItā€™s not a common issueā€¦i should contact my retailer, they can compare it to a different unit and see if itā€™s normal or not.ā€

My retailer said they never had this issue beforeā€¦

Itā€™s now on the way to elektron in swedenā€¦

I hope they will fix it!

1 Like

Well, I hope you get luckier than me. Mine is only slightly better now.

That they are saying you would be the first is surprising me - especially since I also had Christian answering. This makes me wonder how many of these complains they really got. Remember, at first they told me, it is normal to a quite high extent.

Also my retailer compared and told me, it would be absolutely normal.

That you got to send yours to Sweden is also surprising me - why not just a swap?

But hey, life is full of surprises :wink:

This spring noise from the buttons was instantly obvious to me when i got my AR2. Questionable design really. But sounds from my speakers drown it out enough for me to not be a major concern.

2 Likes

I could only let it go by using headphones while finger drumming. Not optimum and not as I would expect for this price.

Mine also makes this noise

1 Like

Mine does also. Thought it was a bit strange but doesnā€™t bother me too much tbhā€¦
To me it sounds like springs resonating on the metal case.

The actual pressing of the other normal buttons and trig buttons
makes a much louder clicking noise reckon itā€™s just how it is

a nice loop came out of your sample :smiley:

8 Likes

That sound is awful ;)ā€¦ As far as I remember mine did not sound like that, it did many other things ā€œwrongā€ but it did not ring like yours.

I just got my rytm mk2 deliveredā€¦ take it out the box and turned it onā€¦ IMMEDIATELY im like ā€˜wtf is thatā€™

Its absolutely ridiculous!!! I cant imagine ever getting used to it. It is unbelievably loud and like others have said it rings out for a really long time.

What am i supposed to do?

Edit: this thing cost me more than 10% of my entire yearly salary after tax, i work 40 hours a week and detest my job. This is crushing tbh. It sounds dramatic but I mean really what is the point

Update: immediately sending it back

4 Likes

This is really bad my friend! I am sorry to hear this

Where did you buy if from?

1 Like

Maybe Elektron will announce the hidden spring reverb with the next OS updateā€¦?

I dont want to name the retailer as i dont think itā€™s their fault at all. They are sending me another one out and collecting this one free of charge, they have been very good about it.

I know, nut knowing the retailer helps other people knowing there are faulty one out there

I was about to buy rymt mk2 from Andertons, and when I read your post I did not proceed with the order.

So youre not going to buy one?

mine came from andertons, mine is perfecto. It doesnā€™t ā€œthudā€ like my other kit , you can tell itā€™s hollow and that it has a slight sustain, but it isnā€™t something that I thought about until I read this thread.

I donā€™t know I read so many bad comments and experiences, pad muting issues, ringing noise, general freeze

I mean it is a Ā£1200 machine, I would not accept any faults on it.

When did you buy it?

May this year.