Rytm MkII - Att Dec Sus Rel Knob

I can understand that, every one have own approach of gear.
But :

Is a thing that is pretty right.
You seems to have a good experience of Elektron gear, you maybe have noticed that fact.
I would easily think that since the origine, Elektron gears are thinked with the use of Elektron sequencer.
Don’t you thinked to buy other gear to produce rythmic sounds ?

I’ll have to check if the MIDI messages sent when in Mute mode are different than in “trigger” mode.
Also, while I got you here (thanks !), could you tell if there is a quick way to revert the saved kit ? Like, mess with the sounds, and suddenly get back to normal (like FUNC + CLASSIC/EXTENDED on the MD) ?

Mute is CC94, so with each track on its own midi channel, this should work

Never had the MD, you mean reload the kit to the last saved state? That is No+FX (Yes+FX saves the kit) on the MK1 and No+Play Mode (Yes+Play Mode saves the kit) on the Mk2.

I’m an early user of MD and MnM so yeah, I think I had plenty of time to realize I don’t like Elektron sequencers (and hardware sequencers in general). I am so very much NOT a 64 steps guy, and I use odd time signatures very frequently. These are the main reasons at least. I get on with Ableton very well.

I find the drum machine offer very, very poor. I think I would have loved the Tempest, but never managed to get one.
Also my wish to trigger “sustained” sound makes the choice even harder. The Pulsar does that, and I own it so I’m quite happy, but I want something with a memory and kits.

1 Like

I understand, good luck for your Quest

1 Like

Me again !
I seem to have discovered with great sadness that SCENES only work with the internal sequencer. Am I right ?
EDIT : was doing something wrong. It works and makes me happy.

You aren’t limited to 64 steps with the Elektron sequencers. These machines are capable of polymetrics and any time signature you like.