Rytm MkII - Att Dec Sus Rel Knob

My Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release knobs in the Filter and Amp pages have zero effect on the sound. This is when I’m using the analog machines for either snare or kick, I haven’t tested it with other sounds yet. Anyone know why this is? Thanks in advance.

Filter: Is your Env Depth at non-0?
Amp: Try putting HLD at 1, and DEC at 20…still nothing?

3 Likes

also check the TRIG page and make sure that ENV is set to ON

4 Likes

Also check sound menu/sound settings/env reset: on, for filter envelope to reset on each trig…

1 Like

I have the ARMK2. All the other screens affect the sound but on the AMP screen, other than the effect send settings, the Amplitude shaping features (e.g. Attack and Decay) have no effect on the sound. Any ideas? J

Should have effect. Try with Hold = 1 (not auto), decrease decay, increase attack…

Yeah sezare is right. By some reason the default value on Hold is auto, which for some reason means that no other knob has any effect. Any one else feel this is a really strange design choice?

1 Like

Thanks all. Adjusting Hold and Decay worked.

1 Like

Hi there, I’m considering buying a RYTM MkII, but I’d like to check if it would match my needs.
I will not use the internal sequencer, and rather use MIDI.
I’d like to know, for both Synth and Sample sides, if you can effectively apply envelopes with sustain. Meaning, with MIDI, sounds are not simply triggered from start to end, but can use the length of incoming MIDI notes.
Thanks !

I think elektrons work best with the internal sequencer and the tight Integration… if you just use it as a sound module it is not worth it in my opinion

Be aware, that the sample is just Mixed in with the oscillator before hitting the shared envelope and filter…

This should also work, but to be sure, I can try it this evening, if nobody else can confirm it

Thanks, I’ve been using Elektron boxes for more than ten years, and I can assure you their sequencers are not made for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you could do that that would be awesome !

I just confirmed this via testing and it is as I remembered. If you set the hold parameter of the amp to the leftmost position, which equals to auto, the midi note length determines the length of the hold phase of the amp envelope. So just as one would expect.

3 Likes

Super nice from you, thanks !

Hi again.
I finally borrowed a friend Rytm, but I can’t seem to make what I had in mind. I can’t seem to play with the sound “sustain” with MIDI notes.
Any help with this ?

Do you have a looped sample and/or the analog machine’s decay set high enough?

The analog machines have their own amp envelope, which if set not long enough will decay as you hold the note. A sample will only play for as long the sample is, unless you set it to loop or use a long sample.

For a quick test, load the DVCO on a track, decay for both oscs up to inf, amp hold to auto and a little amp decay. Now play with midi notes.

Thanks, I got it meanwhile.
The Decay and Hold parameters from the synth page must be high enough to hear the result of the Amp envelope. Makes sense.

1 Like

Quick question if you don’t mind…
Any way to get the Mute mode work for incoming MIDI notes ?

AR uses trig level mutes, so it does not mute the audio output, like for instance the Octatrack does, it mutes the sequencer output. Each has it’s advantages.

What are you using to play the Rytm? You’ll have to mute there.

You could use scenes to mute tracks (scene with amp vol=0), but scenes are exclusive, so you can’t use more than one scene at a time which makes them not ideal for muting tracks.

1 Like

Yeah I get the difference. I use Ableton Live to trigger the sounds. I wish I could Mute from the Rytm as it feels more “live”. I’ll see if I can use the pad MIDI messages to mute tracks in Ableton.

1 Like

This should work. :slight_smile: