Rytm MK2 select track bug or hardware issue?

Mine hasn’t acted up once. Unfortunately, that’s no proof it’s without issues as I don’t get to use it a lot at the moment.

1 Like

Have not noticed any issues like this on my replacement unit. Seems to be working just fine.

1 Like

My replacement is fine too. Retailer had a new unit back to me in under a week.

1 Like

good to hear that there are also people out there without problems :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had a couple of hours with mine, no issues. Maybe I should put it up for sale at a fat premium, now that it‘s tested and all.

1 Like

My pads showed irregular behavior after a few hours of use, I wasn’t able to change the drumsynth settings on pad 12. I would hit pads on the mute page and the pads would light up randomly. It’s being looked at by Thomann under warranty.

keep us posted

Same thing happening here. I’ve had the Rytm for a few months, but bought it before I moved to another town, so haven’t had the chance to play with it - until this morning, and, yep, the same pad behavior described above. I had the same problem with my MkI, sent it in for repair and Elektron couldn’t find anything wrong with it. They calibrated the pads and sent it back and it worked until I sold it - to buy the MkII. Wouldn’t you know it? I’ll keep working with them for a bit to see if it works out, but I’ve a sneaking suspicion that it might be getting shipped to Elektron.

Does anyone know offhand if the pad calibration function is user-acessible?

1 Like

I received an e-mail from the Thomann external repair service two days ago, they said they couldn’t find anything wrong with my unit, I had to fully elaborate on what the actual problem is, which I did as following:

"When in play mode, mute mode and scene mode the drum pads would act very randomly.
When I would press down one pad, another pad would light up, sometimes the pressed pad would not light up at all. Sometimes the drumpads reaction time would become quite sluggish.
This usually happens while playing during an extended period of time, 30-40 minutes.
I also noticed that the unit really gets really warm while playing.
In conclusion, my observation is when the unit gets too warm the drum pads start behaving strangely and become unreliable.
This usually happens when I play longer than 30-40 minutes up to an hour.
I hope this is helpful
Kind regards"

Another thing I have noticed is that I had to hit the drum pads relatively hard to get a response and I had to use a lot of force to reach full velocity.

So most likely I assume the drum pads have to be recalibrated.

1 Like

In the case of my particular machine, I don’t think it has anything to do with overheating - the Track Select was screwy right from power on this morning. It cleared up for a few seconds after a restart, but reverted to the wonky behavior almost immediately. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I did notice that I can sometimes actually get it to select a pad it doesn’t want to select by releasing the Track select button before while still holding the pad I want to select. But not always.

1 Like

Alas, it’s off to Sweden for my AR MkII. I hope it comes back in good health. My desk looks so empty! Elektron’s Support staff have been super-helpful, as they have always been on the rare times I’ve needed to contact them.

1 Like

I got news today.
Thomann has sent me a warranty replacement unit, I still have to pick it up and test it.
So, let’s hope this one works properly, fingers crossed.

1 Like

I received my replacement unit today. No problems at all with this Analog Rytm mkII.
It has the OS 1.04D update already installed.
I jammed with this unit for 2 hours straight.
There is far less heat build-up and the pads are far more responsive, there is no more quirkiness such as pushing down one pad and another one lighting up.

I am a happy camper now. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed.

2 Likes

That’s good news!

1 Like

experiencing this now :frowning:

And… how did this develop?

Ever since I received my replacement unit, everything has been smooth sailing “knock on wood”.

1 Like

I had one replacement unit, but that one had the pad issue. I sent it to Elektron in LA. It came back two weeks ago and has been working fine since.

2 Likes

just sent mine in for the same issues. Elektron tech support has been super good in the past for me, so I expect to get back a like new RYTM. They told me its a hardware issue that cant be fixed via a software calibration.

1 Like

Arghh! After almost a year my second MK2 is starting to show these symptoms again. But this time it is the rec button that has started activating all kinds of shit other than the actual rec function. Seems to randomly either activate chain mode the tempo menu or the project menu. Quality stuff…