Rytm mk2 missing global menu [resolved]

The Global menu has seemingly departed from the function+settings command
. Instead is producing the Sound menu.Can this be addressed or is it a return ticket? Thanks G

1 Like

By “settings” do you mean the button with the cog icon (under the volume knob)? If so, dont hold function if you want the global menu. (Sorry if I misunderstood your question)

1 Like

That’s it! How embarrasing. Thanks. Would you know how to update the OS? The .syx file I downloaded from Elektron is showing as corrupt. Tried opening with Winzip and loading into Cubase after it failed recognition on Elektron’s file loader. Thanks G

To load the os you will need a program like elektron’s “c6” which you can use to upload the data from the sysx file to your rytm. This involves a few steps because you first need to use the system menu on the rytm to put it into receiving mode, and then send the data from the c6 program. There should be a readme pdf with the c6 and with the os download that describes these steps in detail.

1 Like

Hello, I’ve just updated my MKI Rytm to OS 1.50A and I am also missing the global menu.
When I hold down function+track I only see a menu with:
001 >presets.
—- Create new.

I was prompted to calibrate the machine after update but seeing as calibration is in the system menu which is in the global menu, I can’t find it now haha.

Nevermind! I just realized that “Function + Tap Track” & “Function + Hold Track” do different things.

1 Like