Rytm MK2 encoder sensitivity issues

Yup indeed…

There’s other more pressing issues on the rytm firmware that will be addressed first. Knobs Flicking values too fast is gonna be behind stability and crash fixes

Must be extremely pressing… There are issues unresolved since release especially the freezing… But hey, we got a model s instead, wow :wink:

I’m sure the bean counters who saw 10x more digitakt and digitone sales have a little bit of say on which box gets priority dev hours as well. Problems of being held by private equity.

I love my AR2, but it has some glaring flaws considering it is Elektron’s flagship drum machine.

I’m Finding the A4 mk2 has a much smoother parameter travel and far easier to get the setting you want where as the Rytm mk2 jumps really fast on some pages and parameters… eg retrig

I’ve seen it mentioned but not as a new topic

Really hope this gets addressed in future os update

3 Likes

I just want to post here, since I also had some issues with the encoders. They felt really loose and sometimes despite turning them slowly, nothing happend. Then turnung faster made the value jump, etc. It was also terribly hard to set some values precisely, since it was always over or undreshooting while turning.

I mainly had to use the performance encoder to record modifications, since that was not possible good enough with pots A-H.

I had many many bugs and issues wiht my device, so I have read about this here, but did not give it high priority.

So I swapped my device for other reasons and I have to say, it is WAY BETTER. The encoders have some resistance and the values follow way more exact. Alltogether I could feel the difference immediately. So the good news is, not all devices have got that loose/unprecise encodr issue.

If you got this issue maybe insist on a repair or swapping, if still possible.

Okay, just installed the 1.50 update on my MK1 and it seems like nothing has changed.

In the release notes, encoder values are mentioned, but only for Rytm MK2.

[MKII] Some encoders were set to change their parameters at the wrong speed.

Well, that’s disillusioning …

It was not working correctly on the mk2 with the high resolution encoders
with wrong speed settings on some pages Moving too fast,
It seems to be fixed but haven’t tried all the parameters yet.
As far as I know there was no issues with mk1

I was thinking of this.