Rytm MK1: first flickering pads, then the sound is gone

Hello all, my Rytm started to act weird and now it produces no sound. First I had flickering pads, and the overbridge has shown “measuring”, then without any change it just worked. Now I have no sound at all (in standalone mode). Is this a hardware issue?

hard to say, we need more infos…

can you try a new/blank project?

by standalone mode do you mean overbridge stand alone application OR use completely without computer?

so, no sound via usb to computer or also no sound via headphones or direct analog rytm out?

No output from the headphone output. When in Overbridge mode, the AR communicates with the plugin, all parameters are shown. I tried to use a sample but I don’t hear any sound.
I just re uploaded the latest OS again, but actually I hope it is not hardware, things started to be weird when I updated the OS.

please answer this questions precisely!

No sound either without computer, or over Overbridge. New blank project also did not help. A few hours ago I heard some minor cracking noises on the headphone out, now there is nothing. Device connects normally over Overbridge.

so, it operates like normal, just without sound? can you go to the main menu and check, if the audio routing to main is on for the channels? edit also start it without any modi or usb connections…

Test mode should tell you if there is some catastrophic hardware failure in your DA converter

1 Like

there might be some info in here too: Flickering pads on RYTM

1 Like

I entered test mode, got one error: audio LR123…etc. This looks bad.

Wow. I plugged in the A4 PSU and the sound is back. Strange, I moved the AR to another place on my desk and I plugged it to some other outlet and that’s when it all started. Using the original PSU.