Rytm 1.70 sound glitching through Overbridge on Ableton

Running into a very annoying issue with the Rytm following the 1.70 update.

When Overbridge is used to monitor audio in Ableton, the sound glitches (also sound pops), as if the sample rate is too high. Never had this issue before, it occurred following the update.

I have tried reinstalling overbridge, but to no avail.

Using a MB Pro M1 Pro and on Ableton 11.3.

1 Like

Try changing projects on your AR. Something has happened to me after the 1.70 update and that seems to fix it.

Same here on Logic 10.8.1, Mac Studio M1 Max. Changing projects did not help. Reduced (!) the buffer rate and it got a bit better. Maybe it needs to settle a bit, who knows…

1 Like

Hey,

I’m also getting this issue since updating to OS 1.7 and OB 2.7 for Analog Rytm mk2.

Also running MB pro m1, Logic and Ableton have the same issue with OB.

I’ve put in a support ticket, will let you know if I hear anything.

I’ve tried going usb direct into Mac, running on on its own as a vst in a project, and ruled out many other things. This wasn’t an issue until I updated. Only happening when the OB vst is activated in my DAW. Hoping for a fix soon!

1 Like

Same, M1Max. Stopped using it with Overbridge for now, it’s a bit broken.

1 Like

Same with Syntakt.

M1 Max. Stopped using overbridge, and put in a ticket.
Reinstalled, different buffer sizes. Nada.

Resorted to recording into the 404 via 1/4 inch.

So I had a reply from Elektron and they’re onit.

I’ve managed to get a beta version from them for M1 Mac’s they’re working on. I’ve been asked not to share it on forums, but told people can reach out and they will share the beta.

And… it works! Just a few things to iron out with Logic Authentication it seems, no issues in Ableton.

4 Likes

This is dope, thanks for the update and putting in a ticket!

1 Like

I seem to be having similar issues. Did the beta resolve the problems for you all?

Yeah so far so good in Ableton. If you’re using Logic, it seems like Elektron still need to fix the authentication on the Overbridge VST for Analog Rytm, but it works once you confirm you want to use it anyway.

1 Like

I am using Live, so I will reach out to Elektron. Trying to record some stuff and getting hiccups. <hic!>

Thanks!

Does the issue you’re having sound as if there’s suddenly a very intense sample reduction effect on all your Rytm tracks? This has been happening to me on my Rytm through Overbridge in Ableton, but I’m not sure if it’s the same thing that you’re experiencing.

Hey mate, if you’re using the latest version of Overbridge and the latest version of Analog Rytms OS, running on a new Mac chipset you’ll be experiencing the same issue :slightly_smiling_face:

There is a fix on the way, but reach out to Elektron for the beta. Also make sure your sample rate etc are the same in Ableton and in Overbridge.

3 Likes

Ok good to know, thank you very much. I’ve contacted Elektron for the beta.

@Digiboy Is it a beta of the Analog Rytm OS or Overbridge that support gave you?

I’ve just tracked down what seemed to be the last Analog Rytm in stock in the UK and bought it. I was hoping to use the AR with Cubase and Overbridge on my M1 Mac with everything up to date. The latest 1.70 OS was a big reason for me buying it.

I’m using a Syntakt and Digitakt like this with no problems.

I contacted support with a question about the Digitakt two weeks ago but haven’t heard back.

If the Analog Rytm doesn’t work with Overbridge then I’ll be returning it. I’m not spending that amount of money and not be able to use it. Using analog outputs isn’t an option for me I’m afraid.

1 Like

It is an Overbridge beta.

Thanks for confirming @papertiger

1 Like

It is an Overbridge Beta with the fix. They said they should be rolling it out properly in a week or 2 (was an m1 only issue I think).

I’m running a new Analog Rytm mk2 on an M1 Mac in ableton with the beta, with no problems, it’s working incredibly well and just sounds dam awesome.

(No need to panic - I was) :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Digiboy

I had a MK1 when they first came out but wasn’t happy with the synthesis machines… however I kept a loose eye on the updates and recently bought a Syntakt and Digitakt and really like the way things have improved. I’m using both with Overbridge 2.7.3 with no problems.

I’ve had enough of my TR-8S since the last update completely broke the listing of user imported samples (confirmed by Roland Support) which made the already cumbersome sample management even worse so I bought the Digitakt to replace the sample part of the TR-8S… then I decided I don’t even want the TR-8S any more as the x0x modelling isn’t even that good and a decent set of samples sounds better… and a Rytm / Digitakt combo would be better at handling those.

So I ordered the Rytm before checking the forums… then I read this and started to panic… However tomorrow when it arrives if it isn’t on 1.70 then I’ll probably leave it as it is and possibly use Overbridge 2.3.9 until the update is released.

1 Like

So it arrived this afternoon.
It came with 1.61E
I fired up Cubase & Overbridge - no sound
So I uninstalled Overbridge 2.7.3 and installed 2.3.9 and everything worked ok.

But I didn’t want to run old Overbridge and I didn’t want to miss out on the new features so I updated the Rytm to 1.70 and reinstalled Overbridge 2.7.3

I skipped the warm up calibration and played around for about 30 mins and everything worked fine.

I’m now running the calibration and will dig into it deeper this evening.

I have. MacBook Air M1 - the original 2020 version. I also haven’t had the Overbridge problems people mentioned with the Syntakt.