Rumor: A4 MKII incoming

Using two of the same synth to expand polyphony. One is master, the other is slave.
A4 x 2 = 8 voices, or
AK + A4 = 8 voices.

4 Likes

It actually boggles the mind why polychain is not onboard the A4/AK. Would make alot of sense to combine an AK with extra A4 modules for increased poly

Iā€™d love polychain too, but I could already use 2 A4 with my Midipal, which let you split all the notes in separate channels. Works with Octatrack for 8 poly samples. :content:
Iā€™d like the ability to midi recall several Multimaps, 4 Global Slots are not enough.

2 Likes

Are there any real pics of an A4 mkII, or is this all speculation at this point?

2 Likes

I wandered in here to see if there was any chatter regarding the JRRShop sale. If Elektron issues an A4 mk2 then I would upgrade only if there are substantial new features to the functionality of the A4. Four outs is not a sufficient upgrade for me. A four track MIDI sequencer and/or more analog tracks would do it.

Polychain would be interesting but (for me) why upgrade and buy an AK if the KB is not also upgraded? If the AK had 8 voices I would own one now.

Pure speculation based on OT MK2 announcement coinciding with reduced price new A4s at various stores.

1 Like

Indeed.

Has anyoneā€™s Analog Four broke down on them and stopped working? My A4 is still on warranty and if mine breaks, I can get a refund and buy a A4MKII. So any ways on how to make the A4 stop working? :sweat_smile:

Throw it off a bridge?

1 Like

How cool would be to get some unexpected new features in OS, backported to current A4.
Small gift for current owners. :heart_eyes:

It will certainly freeze up after itā€™s 5th authored full length album (or 50th tune, whichever is first) in a 30 day time span.

Time to get to work. :cheeky:

4 Likes

I canā€™t even imagine what theyā€™d really add to the A4 or the RYTM (yes, yes, I am aware of the rediculously long feature request threads, thank you).

Even with these price drops Iā€™d be really surprised at an MKII of any of the analog boxes.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be very surprised if it got anything other than a hardware/aesthetics upgrade - just like the OT2.

2 Likes

When trackable FM was introduced to the LFOs, the limiting factor was the LFO resolution. Iā€™d hope that theyā€™d at least improve this if not implement FM modulation with the analog oscillators themselves, allowing them to modulate things like other oscillators, the filters, PWM, and overdrive.

3 Likes

If this comes to pass, and iā€™m increasingly convinced it makes total sense, then iā€™d expect the following

Grey Finish with Backlit Buttons, OLED screen ā€¦ The enhanced AK output circuits and a better USB isolation to allow greater bandwidth over OB

Maybe enhanced inputs although Iā€™ve never heard of any complaints

Maybe more buttons (is there room?) Quicker access to modes ā€¦ poly / multimap ?

Long shot on a breakout port for the individual outs

Nothing else, if it has MIDI sequencing and it doesnā€™t also come to the MKi thereā€™ll be a riot around here I bet :wink:

lilā€™ bit jealous already

3 Likes

I would love to have 4 outputs upgrade on MKII, I would buy it ā€¦ in this case probably :stuck_out_tongue:
When all will be release I will need informations on Overbridge enhancement with USB enhancement if itā€™s the case as I use it a lotā€¦ I would upgrade if itā€™s make my Overbridge relationship better :slight_smile:

I donā€™t like the design so much but I donā€™t care if performance are better thatā€™s the only thing matter to me. more power, more stable ā€¦ it worth the upgrade. period.

Iā€™m wanting to buy an AK, just for the separate outputs. If Electron managed to do that on an A4 MK2 unitā€¦

2 Likes

regarding polychain - even better would be to add it now to help sell the mkiā€™s - at $825 new it sure is tempting!

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s true.
The ā€˜pseudo LFO FMā€™ definitely adds some bite and was a great addition when they added it, but would be great if they could implement proper FM of the oscillators themselves.
Currently it is nice but would be great if you could crank it more, as it canā€™t get into the same ripping lead territory as something like a Nord Lead for example.
I think implementing OSC FM is a technical problem between the DCOā€™s though?

So are the A4ā€™s oscillators more like DCOs than VCOs? I just always thought of them as ultra stable VCOs. Iā€™m inclined to think itā€™s possible to modulate them at high speeds if itā€™s already being done by the high speed LFOs. In any case, there shouldnā€™t be a technical barrier preventing them from modulating the filters, which would be super amazing.