Rtym vs Tanzbar vs Vermona DRM

Well I’ve been trying to blank the Rtym out but can’t help but be tempted by it as it does look very easy to use and get decent drum sounds out of it, and then twist things into different territory.

I’ve been through most drum machines before settling on the tanzbar and vermona drm as the best sounding out of the lot.

Does anyone own either of those and can tell me how they compare to the Rytm please?

Thanks

Ive had all three machines currently own tanzbar and Rytm currently.

I think that Rytm sounds like tanzbar and vermona combo.The rytm can also has a huge drum sound palette and then samples. I love the sound of the vermona and tanzbar but i was able to quickly get that sound out of the rytm. Also the rytm has the best sequencer out of them. though if you could get all three that would be sick…

Thanks for the reply.

The tanzbar kicks are pretty much perfect for house I think. How do the Rytm kicks compare to the tanzbars?

Cheers

This discussion is very interesting, is there other comparison, this would help me a lot to consider buying AR and selling other gear.

im trying to decide between a tanzbar and a rytm atm so interested to hear peoples thoughts that have both… cheers… :slight_smile:

My general impression so far is that if i bought a RYTM, it would replace a Tanzbar.

When I do get a RYTM later this year, I don’t think I will sell my DRM1 mkIII though. For the same reasons that I choose the Monolancet over the A4. Although I can imagine the DRM1 getting a lot less use, the vermona stuff is irreplaceable.

My pitch for the Rythm is it is wonderfully versatile. It is a drum machine with a 64 step sequencer, which has pad you can hit to and dynamic velocity, which can be recorded to the sequencer, is can be driven by MIDI most track record independently. can be digital, analog or both. Lush, deep sounds

The Tanzbar has only analogy no pads to hit and not digital integration. it sequencer is only 16 steps. it is knob driven hits, so that has to be your style of play, personally I find it difficult on my dark time. sounds great

The Vermona is also analog only no pads no sequencer. great analogy tool but you need more work and equipment to get a looped beat… Again knob driven. Great sounds, highly designable circuits.

So you want a one stop shop with all the trimmings the AR, if you want something in the middle the Tanzbar, and if you want no digital and to do it yourself sequence must be added, then go with Vermona.

IMHO

My opinion as given before: AR sound vs Tanzabar

The Tanzbar can do 32 step patterns if you like. You can also have each instrument with its own track length, shuffle etc. It has hidden depths but lots of dedicated knobs.

So how does the kick compare between the tanzbar you owned and the rytm you now have mr t?

Thanks

Good kicks on both, more flexibility on the AR.

Hmm the difference between the two well I got similar sounds with the rytm as the tanzbar. Tanzbar kick have their own sound I find the tanzbar really easy to dial in. It gets a real deap bass fast, then in e you know your knob positions and how they sound it’s really fast.

The tanzbar bd1 kick is like a 808 and 909 but more on the 808 side. I think it sounds very similar the rytm bass tom machine. The tanzbar has a lot of smooth sub base in fact it’s a bit to easy to get to much and muddy a mix. I think the toms are a bit week their of for 808 type toms but they would need a pitch envelope knob to get much more controll .

The rytm range is huge probly more balanced. So far it mixes really well. You can get most any kick out of it and then some. So far when I have a kick in mind I can just make it on the rytm. The rytm has a lot more controlls so getting sweet spots takes longer then the tanzbar. If I want super bass kick I dial it in real quickly with the tanzbar. The rytm can do the super bass kick but it takes longer. Though since I’ve only had it like 1.5 week that can change . The rytm kicks have more high feq in them than tanzbar, but still have bass which you can filter to get more a boomy kick.

If I had to chose one I pick rytm hands down . It can do the kicks that tanzbar can and then soo much more. Also I could just sample the tanzbar throw it in the rythm and you analog filter, compression, and or distortion .

If your still on the fence the just buy one either one will sell for about the price you get em for right now.

The Tanzbar is far more instant, has more of an old school vibe/sound/workflow, deep kicks and the claps are to die for. Plus its a hell of a lot cheaper than the Rytm.

Have less features, however … so I guess the question is whether the additional features is worth the difference in price.

good to know…

…following this discussion closely

Thanks for the replies.

Seems like the Rytm would be mŷ choice if I didn’t have anything.

But as I have the tanzbar and vermona it’s tricky to part with either.

So don’t part with them! just add the Rythm! samples from either can help the rythm on the digital side.

If you can pay rent feed the family then keep what you can and use it as you see fit.

Sorry for hacking the original thread, but is there any one here that can tell about jomox999/rytm kick compare ?

I’ve had a Jomox 999. Got rid for the tanzbar and vermona.

It’s limited, buggy, but can be pretty slamming.

No question the feature set of the Rytm wins hands down.

I haven’t got one so can’t comment on the sound.