RTYM OS Upgrade stuck at "waiting for sysex"

i did that john. once i drop the sys file on transfer it should transfer automatically like you say but it just doesnt. the AR stays on this waiting mode.

Sorry, one more thing. Are you using C6 or Elektron Transfer? I couldn’t do it using C6 but was successful with specifically the Transfer program:

saw your other post re the corrupt file. good news!

Mine is also stuck on waiting for sysex. Unfortunately, I do not have a leftover mac computer to spare. Maybe there is something with the 1.46 beta causing this error?

Same problem here.
Tried first on mac then tried also on a windows PC with Transfer but AR wasn’t able to connect at all.

same problem here

I had this issue as well and accidentally downloaded the firmware for the MK I and not the MK II. Maybe this helps someone running into this. Using the correct firmware helped :joy:

got the same problem, it stucks on recieve in all the modes, in transfer and c6. gonna try another computer I guess.

god damn it, Elektron, with your prices you should hire better programmers, it’s not the first painful evening I get with your gear.

Mine MK1 starts to receive the file via Transfer (and status bar appears on the screen) but stucks during the update.

Tried to stop update process then turn off OB mode and start once again but nothing happened

Does anyone have same problem?

Rytm MK1 & Mac USB MIDI- Had same issue with it hanging on the file, progress bar 1/3 the way.

I cancelled the update.
Change Overbridge mode to USB Midi (as thats all we’re trying to do here makes sense)

Rebooted RYTM to be sure

Used Transfer application from Elektron

Connected to RYTM

Dropped the sysex file

Progress bar zipped across in a few seconds.

Seems fine.

1 Like