Routing to bypass track effects sends?

Ok, I can’t help but feel that I’m asking after something that’s going to be silly obvious…forgive if so! So, after picking out a preset on the A4 and shaping it up into something fresh (rather than building from scratch as usual), I noticed a peculiar routing issue that had seemingly carried over from the preset’s original settings. Essentially, the sound bypasses the initial track effects sends (though it’s still affected by them in a secondary fashion), so that in the end, the only way to achieve a zero effect level is to turn the master effect volume all the way down in the kit’s FX master track. It seems like a handy routing scenario for layering certain kinds of sounds (which I would imagine is the intentional case with these certain presets), I’m just curious about how exactly this is occurring. Learninz much appreciated, y’all ~

I don’t understand. You have effects even with 0 effect send in Amp Page ?

Precisely. The thing is, the amp sends still affect the signal, it’s just like adding a second effect device. But yeah, the only way to actually cut all of the effect is to 0 the master control in the FX track settings. It’s only this one sound so far.

It doesn’t really bug me, I was able to craft a copy of the sound without this weird routing, but I’m still curious to try to put it to work!

Levels can be modulated in so many ways

Yes, you have to check all possible modulations.

You can also deactivate Fx in Global > Voice Routing.

I’ll continue to do so for sure. I definitely checked everything that I could think of in all menus that could possibly affect a single sound and not the others in the kit, as well as the global settings for good measure. With that it’s still possible to cut all routing to effects for the sound, but no in-between in which effects work like normal. And, like I mentioned, I actually went through and copied the settings from every sound-specific mod menu onto a new sound in order to eliminate possibilities, but the result was a sound that appears to be an exact copy yet doesn’t reproduce the weird effect in question. Anyway, there must be something I missed, so I’ll keep looking tonight and post if I figure it out.

1 Like

Any chance the next machine down has a neighbor oscillator?
Going from memory here - is that even a thing?

2 Likes

It’s also possible that the envelopes or lfos of the synth track are controlling the fx sends from the amp page.

2 Likes