Roland TB-303 vs TT-303 vs TB-3 vs TB-03

Some argument over the ACB or modeling or something. Didn’t pay too much attention myself Got heated enough for a mod to step in.

On MW there was this old dude that argued that Moog Taurus/Minitaur would be better for anything and everything. I listened to a pathetic attempt to make acid house with Minitaur, got a good laugh out of it, and moved on.

1 Like

God it’s all kicking off today :joy:

Was he named Jones ? :joy:

1 Like

Nope - think he was German.

Man, that TB-3 sounds so much better than “acid Minitaur”

back in the days, I had not much gear, only a yamaha DX. I tried to make acid music with it, and learned a lot along the way. But still I failed at acid :rofl:

1 Like

I think I’ve tried to make acid with pretty much every synth I’ve ever bought. It’s like an unconscious instinct, a test of a synth’s powers.
It usually sounds horrible and it’s never really something I judge a synth for, but it’s something I do all the same.
I did it with the TB-03 and it sounded great. No idea how close it was to an OG 303, but it was the best acid I’ve ever made.

3 Likes

The clock won.

4 Likes

endorsement marketing at its finest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Found one vid of DJ Pierre using a TB-03 but it was edited into an interview, with the music barely audible.

If I were him, I’d take the money from Roland too. Why not? Being a vintage purist isn’t for everyone.

I like to trigger the TB-03 sequencer from the A4’s CV out, and then route it into the A4’s input for effects… But always find it to be too quiet. Anyone else have this issue?

Avalon bassline…

the end

1 Like

where is the Acidlab Bassline 3?

even Jeff Mills uses the BL3 in this video

Roland TB-3 is not only TB-303 clone. It’s full featured synthesizer.

Free Editors fir TB-3.
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/4817/tb-3-soundeditor
http://ctrlr.org/roland-tb-3-editor/

Two TB-03 questions…

1. volume is really low, even maxed. Common or an issue

2. the specs read like you can send midi, sync AND audio over usb…true? To get it to werk do you have to install the driver? Rolands help and manuals are pretty bad.

You may like this story:

2 weeks ago I bought a second-hand TB-3, just because it was too cheap to let go. And indeed I started using it with one of those editors (the one on ctrl). It’s indeed a full featured synth, with LFO, multiple oscillators, cross-modulation between them, outstanding distortion/overdrive simulations, and 2 fx units… I managed to get incredible non-acid sounds with it… until the unit freezed over some sysex sent by the editor and crashed and bricked… I could never start it again, it’s now as dead as O-Ren. You’ve been warned…

1 Like