Roland TB-303 vs TT-303 vs TB-3 vs TB-03

I think it’s good option to all who want to make decent acid for cheap price compare to other gears, the TT 303 will become useless in the future if Roland produces it a lot :smiley_cat:

I actually like the sound of the TT. It also seems to be the only one which doesn’t suffer from start-phase artefacts. Doesn’t have the clicks at the start of each note like the others.

Yep :relaxed:
Imagine having six TB03’s for less than the price of one TB303.
Acid orchestra!

5 Likes
6 Likes

What do you think about Avalon ? It is worth it ?

I plan to buy one after :smiley_cat:

Madness. Love it.

I should probably buy another Avalon!
:blush:

2 Likes

How does the TB03 sound? Does it bring acid?

Hi there, it’s acid although acid got a lot of faces.

3 Likes

Imo at the end of the day in a mix no one would be able to tell the difference. And that’s what we should be looking to, not specs or sounds in isolation.
I could make a very convincing 303 with my bass station sequenced from the octatrack for example, no one would know.
In the end get what you can work with within your budget, regardless of hype.
Unless it’s elektron then go with the hype :wink:

3 Likes

I think it depends of budget and if you really care about originality
I’m happy with my xoxbox because it sounds really similar to the 303 but it doesn’t have the same board but it’s cheaper !
Acid is Acid, so every clones are perfect to produce Acid music :+1:

2 Likes

Same here, xoxbox on the shelve but no way I’m selling it.
Every now and then I get an acid vibe so the medication has to be standby :wink:

1 Like

This little bad boy is truly amazing, especially for the price.

3 Likes

Looks dope! Sadly not available in the US.

Cheapest acid clone yeah :smirk_cat:

i own the mb33, can confirm :slight_smile:

I know someone who showed me this gear sequenced by Ableton, I was really surprised by sound quality regarding the size

I’ve owned the tb 03. it’s a pretty good replica in certain ways but I found the crucial thing its missing is this touch of random wobble on the notes. it’s really subtle but it makes it sound too clean and lacking a soul.
that’s fine in the middle of a big mix but if you want to have the 303 Centre stage in a breakdown with not much else going on you’ll hear it. so it’s sh1t in my opinion, that little wobble is the heart of the sound. I sold it very quickly.

2 Likes

Can you import it from EU/UK?

Yeah I could purchase from the UK store probably.