Roland SP-404 Mk2 (Part 1)

My bad I must have read your initial post wrong. I think you are correct, pretty sure you have to bake in the sample when you overdub over your pattern.

What if you resample the pattern then switch the routing to ext-in instead of mix. Like is says in the manual here? Resampling a Sample (RESAMPLE)

1 Like

https://static.roland.com/manuals/sp-404mk2_reference/eng/17805521.html

This is the link to manual that I was siting!

I had a choice between Thomann and Andertonā€™s and choose Andertonā€™s, only to be told a delivery meant for Dec 2020 is now pushed back to January :sob:

1 Like

Sorry, I didnā€™t realize that you canā€™t play back a pattern in sample mode.

I canā€™t offer any suggestions for not ā€œbaking inā€ your guitar in resample mode, but if itā€™s just a matter of not having time for pushing buttons and getting back to your guitar, maybe you could make a four-bar pattern that just functions as a count-in and chain that in front of your main pattern, so you have a bit of time before the main pattern starts, and then trim off the countdown when you are done.

3 Likes

Argh! Most are now saying end Jan/early Feb or not giving an estimated date at all. Sounding like 2-3 months of anyones money currently.

This has been the line for a while now (about a month and a half, I think). I think itā€™s really anyoneā€™s guess a this stage. Over here in the USA, I have a feeling it depends whether the right container ship in the queue gets unloaded (or doesnā€™t). I think weā€™re supposed to get used to such a disrupted supply chain for the foreseeable future. Such is 2021/2022, I guess. Keep those eyes peeled, maybe one will pop up on the secondary market at a reasonable price.

Got mine today from Perfect Circuit! Canā€™t wait to dig in over the holiday break!

5 Likes

What!

When did you place your order?

I really like perfect circuit, that they charge you immediately for pre-orders not so muchā€¦

2 Likes

October somethingā€¦the day it went up for preorder, I forget the exact date.

2 Likes

I ordered mine two days after preorders went up. The wait has been painful

2 Likes

Same here. Really does seem like they are mostly still serving demand from Day 1!

2 Likes

The used prices on the Japanese units on eBay are a joke also - they change (i.e. go up) daily. More surprisingly they are selling at these prices!

Guitar Guitar and Juno are 2 UK retailers that have definitely had stock. Not much stock, but Juno have had 2 separate batches. I got mine from Guitar Guitar. I sold mine though.

1 Like

How long do you get out of the battery in general? I was thinking of switching my 2500 to a 1000 for space reasons, I didnā€™t;t know there was a battery mod, even more interested now!
I have a USB C battery mod on my gameboy DMG, Iā€™m sure if it can be done on these two then someone can get it going on the 404mk2.

1 Like

Good shout, thanks, they offer a deposit on pre-orders instead of paying in full like everywhere else.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I pre-ordered with them.

Had to pay the balance quite quickly though, as I wouldā€™ve blown it on something else.

1 Like

Are you in the UK? Here in Germany Thomann charges only when the unit is shipped.

1 Like

Yes UK. Thomann were saying 8-10 weeks I think, I thought it was payment up front, but Iā€™ll look into it more :slight_smile: