Roland SP-404 Mk2 (Part 1)

Check the guidelines for the asio4all driver on the bitwig web page. The 404mkll is working for me with the asio4all driver, although I’ve switched to using my DN as my main sound interface.

1 Like

Well I won’t be putting my headphones in the case either. :wink:

In-ear must be possible… :slight_smile:

But the case looks nice. Going to buy one too.

1 Like

Heads up. Turntable Lab has them in stock right now as of 5pm EST. Just ordered one and cancelled my preorder at GC.

Looks like 3 left…

10 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I pulled the trigger like a possessed person (like my thumbs ordered for me)…

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, pulled the trigger as well, fingers crossed on it!
Looks like 1 left.

5 Likes

1 went back up if anyone is interested.

3 Likes

I got one of these today too. Ordered a few weeks back. It’s a really good fit with the power supply and SP together, no sliding about in the case.

Holy shit!! I snagged that last one. Is this real life???

7 Likes

I saw you snag it from me :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh no. Sorry!! :frowning: If it’s any consolation I’m definitely not going to flip it… I actually want one.

4 Likes

Haha all good! It looks like they’re popping up more and more as time goes on so I’m sure I’ll grab one soon enough! I hope you enjoy it!

4 Likes

I’ve added version 0.11 of the guide at https://neartao.wordpress.com/neartaos-guide-to-the-sp404-mk2/.

I’ve got some ideas for linking some working session videos with the guide, so stay tuned for that.

The last two days were mostly about trying to flesh out some of the existing sections some more. Primarily the audio input section, but that also drove me to adding a new section for audio output as well. I’m nearly done with these, and should be able to get into more detail for getting into sampling and adjusting samples soon.

Feedback from folks has been to keep up with how I am writing. I know my style is kind of loose, but I guess it is helping people understand what different sections do. I’ll keep at it for now, unless I get specific feedback to try and go a different direction.

10 Likes

Sup Y’all,

I ordered mine on December 2nd, hopefully I don’t get mine until September :frowning:

oh no you didn’t, get outta my way pal I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal lord and savior just so I could pray to not get mine before November and god told me that because I’ve been extra good he’ll do everything in his power to make sure I don’t see it before either 2023 or Jesus comes back… whichever comes latter.

1 Like

Preordered from my local shop in October and the ship date just got bumped to “April and may”

11 Likes

Hi all,
I was doing new year no gear but I have been suffering from RSI in my hand as fully in the DAW now so I justified this purchase to give me a break from the laptop.

Anyway, got one now but does anyone have any thoughts on what this could be please?

When connected via WASAPI with Bitwig it says in Bitwig ‘couldn’t connect to audio interface, buffer too large’… tried messing with settings but can send audio from Youtube to SP404 no problem.
Is an option in Bitwig to have SP404 audio shared or exclusive but if I then set it to exclusive in Bitwig it says something like ‘cannot connect, not compatible’.
I am using USBC - USBC cable so powering it as well.

Also, is there a way to mute audio you want to sample? Usually a MONITOR INPUT option on samplers… is a bit of a workflow killer for me that as would get nasty feedback loops routing audio out of Bitwig and then back in if SP404 always playing the audio it receives.

Positive so far though - was really nice to actually play with an SP after years of thinking of getting one.

It’s a really cool machine and a dream for a first SP. If only you knew how many suffered with the previous machines’ limitations!

Unless I’ve misunderstood what you’re trying to, you can turn off/on the audio incoming to the SP with the EXT SOURCE button.

3 Likes

What do you guy’s think about the reverbs ?
I’m pretty disappointed on this part, they are nearly all the same with different presence, same non-natural grain, one have a short delay layered.
Love the machine btw, but i think that reverb are pretty important when it comes to resampling !

i agree they do sound artificial. but i like them as that.
would be nice if they added another more natural in an update later

2 Likes