Roland MC-202

Just remember to hit Function + Tempo while in Play mode - this turns cycle on (it’ll loop your sequence).

If you don’t do this, the MC-202 will have a hard time syncing - even with everything plugged in correctly.

1 Like

I got the Roland midi cable. I plugged it in the out of the digitakt to the in of the mc202 but it won’t play when I hit play. When I take the midi out the mc202 will play. What am I doing wrong?

Check in the config menu that your Digitakt midi out is set to Dynsync

2 Likes

Here’s a video I uploaded

https://youtube.com/shorts/Z_hdTjJLZWM?feature=share

This did it!!! Thank you!!

1 Like

Is there anyway to change any aspect of the pattern on the fly, without stopping it as it’s going? This thing sounds out of this world and is so fun in some ways, but a little bit limited.

Embrace the limitations. It sounds awesome, that’s what matters. :grinning:

1 Like

or buy this from @darenager

1 Like

Yeah, I usually just end up punching some random notes into the sequencer, hooking up something on sync (A4, anything with cv/gate) and tweaking the sliders and sparking much joy.

I rebought a manther today. It’s just such an awesome machine and scratches almost all the 202 itch with tons of bells and whistles built in.

The 202 is out of this world. When the pattern loops for the 100th time though it’s a little repetitive. Still extremely happy I have it. I love how it looks too!

2 Likes

did they update the firmware to display the 2nd,3,4th sequence page parameters properly?

I’m not sure. I never noticed either way, but I can check when I get home.

Love for the 202 bass : )
for diy enthusiast there 's this project ,looks like a modern alternative to MC-202
https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=244694

2 Likes

Fun video

2 Likes

New solo ambient jam on my 202 + a few fx pedals right here:

More 202 + pedal ambient jaming over here:

2 Likes

Hey there 202 lovers ! I made a video / love letter about my MC-202. In it i’ll talk to you about the weird sequencer, how I like to use it, trying graphical score to write stuff in a fun, non-mathematical way, and of also about the semi modular mods that my unit had when I bought it.

See you this evening at 18:30 French time, feel free to come say hi in the chatroom.

2 Likes

Listening to this again, it’s reminiscent of BoC without becoming a pastiche.

1 Like
1 Like

New jam with the lovely thing and the Light Pedal from Gamechanger !

4 Likes