Rocker switch 0-coast

I bought an on/off switch for the moog mother, which is similar to those found on a desktop lamp. Can’t for the life of me remember where I got it from.

I need one for the 0 Coast, but I’m buggered if I can find what I’m looking for.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Anyone?

The lack of power switches on the 0-Coast and others (the Erebus, for instance) is quite inconvenient. Did you add the lamp switch to the Mother’s PSU cable?

Yeah it’s a switch that goes between the power and the unit. Been suffering from death by Google and haven’t been able to find the one I bought a couple of years back.

I believe that this is what you are looking for:

I’ll also get one for my 0-Coast, good idea :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Agggh! Yes! Thank you so much!

An inline switch, that’s what they are called. Cheers dude.

The make noise is 15v btw.

1 Like

Perfect - just what’s needed; nice one.

Will these be OK? They say 12v but the 0 Coast is 15. Or are you using on the erebus?

I was wondering the same. The Erebus is 12v so would be fine.

So is the moog, which has that exact switch - so I can confirm that works!

I’ll look around and report back here then. Now I know what they are called…!

1 Like

Well the highest I’ve found, goes to 13. So I’m not sure if there’s one available for the 0 Coast. But can confirm the 12 works fine on the moog mother 32

1 Like

Its probably fine. It’s just a contact breaking switch in plastic box so it should be fine up to several dozens of volts. Current is more critical here, I would not use it for over few hundred mA.

2 Likes

Cool-thats good to know.

How probable is probably? Thanks.

Enough for me to use it in my studio, if I would miss the power switch. I don’t need it for 0-Coast but it’s cool to know that this product exists.

1 Like

Sweet. Ok well I’m not shy of taking advice from Internet strangers, so I shall order another and see what happens!

1 Like

Bought some of these to use with 0-Coast, Keystep etc etc, and they seem to work fine so far:

1 Like

Nice one. Bought that and it’s perfect. Thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

They can be fiddly with some power sockets and not with others, but they generally do the job.