RK-002 solution for CC sequencing of external instruments

Here is a RK-002 script that I slightly altered from one on the exchange that delays Note On messages by a very small amount to fix the problem of CC messages being sent after notes on Octatrack, Digitakt, Digitone, and Syntakt.

The way the sequencers work now, CC is sent after notes which leads to artifacts such as slow attacks not taking effect until the next note and “blips” when for instance making a drastic change to filter cutoff. This script ensures that p-locks work with external instruments as expected.

2 Likes

I think I’ve already solved the problem by using the loop() callback, which I’m guessing is called continuously between serial port polls. The delay is set by default to 100 iterations of the loop which seems to provide enough time for initial CC messages to be received and sent without noticeable jitter/lag.

I can‘t look it up right now, but just to clarify: did you use a note buffer? I had trouble doing this.

Yep the original code it’s based on is a midi delay effect that uses a buffer. Note though: I wouldn’t try running it on an rk002 as-is , because it seems to just do an endless loop that locks up the cable! I had a hell of a time rescuing it out of that before modifying it to not use the onclock function and that seemed to alleviate that issue.

Updated the script to (hopefully) fix an issue with stuck notes by removing the note-off processing. Also removed irrelevant delay-effect-related code.